Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally on the board! Kalamazoo pipe field.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice
    Utah

Comment

Sweet point.
      I'd lean towards Hopewell also but could be Steuben. Whatever it's called I think Woodland period.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I will confuse you a bit further. It looks like a Dustin to me. I said Dustin but I could not think of its relationship to the durst point. actually durst was stuck in back of my mind. https://www.uwlax.edu/mvac/past-cult...=d&term=125730

All that being said I would go with Durst.
        Last edited by Hoss; 04-10-2021, 11:03 AM.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• UpNorth
          UpNorth commented
          Editing a comment
          B.i.n.g.o. On the durst call.. looks like a perfect fit to me.
          ....👍

BOOM 💥
        I think you guys nailed it. That’s why I love this site. The combined knowledge of this group is priceless. Thanks for all of the input. The point is in the frame and sitting pretty
        👍😃
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Whatever it is it's a good one, nice find Trav.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Maybe, but a Durst in Michigan? Not highly likely.
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I copied this from projectilepoints.net when I looked up the Durst point. Listed as a type in the Lamoka cluster along with the Dustin.

“The Durst Stemmed, Dustin, and Lamoka are considered the same point with different names based on the distribution. This point is called the Lamoka point in from northern Ohio east, the Dustin point in Michigan area, and the Durst Stemmed point from northern Illinois east (W2 / Justice 1987). These points are being listed separately in order to listed the name details and distribution of each. It should also make regional identifications easier.”

Comment

Nice find Trav, hope you get a good wash on the field soon.

Comment

Nice first 2021 by the pictures it doesn't look grounded to me. It's a keeper either way
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Nice what ever it is Trav. We have a mottled type of Chalcedony here in pa. It's not pure Chalcedony but is like a conglomerate instead. It doesn't look at all workable yet the folks that I've given it to say it flakes up real nice. Yours looks much like ours except in color. Kim
                    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Thanks to everyone for all of the input on this post. I’ve learned a lot of new information and you can’t put a price on something like that. Again, I really appreciate the help.
                      👍😃

Comment

Working...
                      X