Maycation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maycation

Spent the first week of May in SW Tennessee visiting my gals father. Was able to get up a couple creeks while I was there. Cottonmouth heavy down there this year, skipped around more then I like to lol. They always give me the shivers.. My complete Horse creek chert point and the paleo eluded me again this year, but I’ll be back next year to try again. I managed to get my eyes on a few nice ones , couple Adenas and I’ll need help typing the others. I was thinking the first could be a Benton? Not sure on the corner notch, Decatur? Pine tree? .. was thinking the red point could be Hopewell? Chime in if you have ideas.

Few more

Comment

Clean up and crinoids

Comment

Looks like you had a great week, less the snake! Really nice finds, GP!
        South Carolina

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
          Glacial Pebble commented
          Editing a comment
          I always hope to bring home a point when I go down, luck was with me this year for sure. 3-4 of those cotton mouths hissed at me a bit and one actually struck the water.. I was 10 feet away from him when he did and I probably jumped high enough to dunk a basketball lol. Uneasy feelings for sure when I spot them, I just try to leave them alone and move on upstream.
          Last edited by Glacial Pebble; 05-12-2021, 06:45 PM.

Carl !! Wow man u go into another state for a week. .and come home with this collection? .. blows my mind brother.....beautiful pics man congrats ..the red point is stunning..!!.. it's funny you went home to snow too.!!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
          Glacial Pebble commented
          Editing a comment
          My spirit walker was with me last week Red, lost a dog and an Uncle the Monday before I left.. was nice to step away from reality for a week.

It’s like I was standing wit ya among all them beautiful rocks...that’s an interesting grey rock, 2nd set 3rd one, it looks to me like a big ole flake was removed from the left side...wouldn’t thata been something if that point was made from that flake and after all the dirt washed away there they still set....Very nice finds, love the black one,I’m gonna guess pine tree ,not hardly resharpened...would like to see closeups of edges, etc.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Great finds , can we see more pics? And a fat snake too. Fun times.
          California

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
            Glacial Pebble commented
            Editing a comment
            Lots of fat snakes, I’ll try get some more pictures with phone out of the case..

Awesome finds! Cottonmouths are the worst of all snakes. If you are walking in a field or near water down here you can bet there is one nearby. They smell like 2 week old garbage. Might be why they are so mean lol
          SE ARKANSAS

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
            Glacial Pebble commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw more cotton mouths this year then the last 3 years combined I think. Only 2 copperheads, both road hit.

Great story, Great Points.

Comment

Way to go Carl those are some great finds man. The black one in the center looks like a Kirk corner notch to me. Hard to say on that first point .
            Last edited by Hoss; 05-11-2021, 11:14 PM.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
              Glacial Pebble commented
              Editing a comment
              I was thinking Kirk when I picked it up and then checked out projectilepoints.net and had myself in a tizzy..

Excellent finds GP, Love those gravel bars. Most of the creeks around my areas are too sandy.
            🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
              Glacial Pebble commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s mind numbing how much gravel there is in some of those creeks down there. I could push my stick 4 feet deep in spots and could feel gravel the whole way down.. can’t imagine what is in there.

Some killers I hate them snakes to Florida had some big ones.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Super finds G.P.
              those Tennessee creeks look awesome...✌️
              Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
                Glacial Pebble commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn’t wanna come home as usual, back to reality.. blah lol.

Nice vacation!
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
                Glacial Pebble commented
                Editing a comment
                Beaches with bikinis are nice, but I’d pick a snakey gravel creek in TN every time!!
                Last edited by Glacial Pebble; 05-12-2021, 06:46 PM.

Looks like a very productive outing
              South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Glacial Pebble
                Glacial Pebble commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Willjo, was happy to bring back some postable relics!!
            Working...
            X