Good to be out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good to be out

I recently posted that life had thrown some serious road blocks in my path this summer. One of the things that was going to take a back seat was my artifact hunting. Figured I would be sidelined until July at the earliest. Well, I found myself out in the creek yesterday. A sure sign that things are improving faster than I estimated. Hopefully it remains that way. 90 degrees, bugs out in full force and no case worthy finds, but I was smiling the whole time. Felt great to hear that chert clang around in my pocket. Found a thumb scraper, a chunky blade with a bonus back end scraper and some kind of uniface scarper/perforator.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210616_170646.jpg Views:	10 Size:	55.7 KB ID:	563624Click image for larger version  Name:	20210615_215451.jpg Views:	8 Size:	70.0 KB ID:	563625Click image for larger version  Name:	20210615_215847.jpg Views:	8 Size:	39.1 KB ID:	563626Click image for larger version  Name:	20210615_215917.jpg Views:	8 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	563627Click image for larger version  Name:	20210615_215801.jpg Views:	8 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	563628Click image for larger version  Name:	20210616_170405.jpg Views:	8 Size:	32.0 KB ID:	563629Click image for larger version  Name:	20210615_145324.jpg Views:	8 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	563630
    Last edited by flintguy; 06-16-2021, 10:08 PM.
    Central Ohio

Nice finds
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Good for you man ....good artifacts!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

That scraper is awesome . Nice photos . glad you got out.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Hoss.

That scrapper is awesome . Perfect little circle .

Comment

Nice finds flint, I know how you feel; I rarely get to look myself these days but when you do; regardless of what you find... it's a great feeling.
          🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Let it soak in. Even a short hunt can recharge your batteries in a good way. nice finds.
            👍😃
            Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• flintguy
              flintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely helps the mind to get out, especially when you don't come home with empty pockets.

Dang those are some nice tools. Well have a good day time to make the hamburger
            NW Georgia,

Comment

• flintguy
              flintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Make sure you get the meat to fat ratio right. 🙂

it's good to get out n clear yer mind.glad things are going better for you.nice finds.
            Utah

Comment

• flintguy
              flintguy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Smbore.

Had to come back and check these out more that’s a fine day in the creeks
            NW Georgia,

Comment

You did well
              South Dakota

Comment

Working...
              X