6/16/2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/16/2021

Went up to property to do some tractor work, i knew the deer flies were going to be bad moving around so wore long pants with a bug jacket with hood. it was really hot but no bugs were biting me. Got through with tractor and put it back on trailer stop moving and looked for points and bugs quit swarming me. Found a rough knife and broke tip which would been a good one Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2063.JPG
Views:	207
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	563799
    South East Ga. Twin City

Those darn flies swarm and don’t care what repellent you have. The ones that look like house flies are bad here to I’ve never seen house flies that bite must be some other type idk but anyway looks like you had a good trip keep finding
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      If they are the size of a house fly but bite its a deer fly. Deer flies have green eyes and are about the same size as house flies. the wings are different but easy to mistake one for the other until it bites you. LOL

Deer flies are horrible here too. Nice, colorful finds!
    South Carolina

Comment

Love the colors in the base of that knife. Nice!
      Central KY (Frankfort)

Comment

Nice of you to find something there willjo. I got totally chased out of a field by them bugger deer flies one time. Kim
        Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Nice finds Johnny
          Wyoming

Comment

What a heart breaker . They are out up here too. Just mowing the dang lawn up at the lake house was murder this past week.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Cool finds willjo
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Not a fan of deer flies but a fan of that knife, nice finds Johnny
                Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Nice looking lithic...yeah the deer flies are viscous here also...
                  The chase is better than the catch...
                  I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Working...
                  X