Closing out Year 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closing out Year 3

I’m done for the year. I might slip out one more time if it rains this week. This is an accumulation of a couple of hunts last week. Nothing too exciting in these pics.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B8C55193-606A-43BF-9F02-D8C5FFFC6DDD.jpeg
Views:	297
Size:	206.3 KB
ID:	582613

lots of brokes. I bet I have 100 pieces now to try to match.

Name:	642398B5-01D3-45BB-A3E5-E5885F9445BF.jpeg
Views:	226
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	582614

And 3 pieces of chert, just to tease me.

Name:	80955F4A-DA64-47DD-B33F-53C846DDF57C.jpeg
Views:	218
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	582615

I can’t find where I put this piece. It’s a great quartz knife

Name:	34F04FE0-F865-45F2-820E-4BBA8D66D96E.jpeg
Views:	213
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	582616
    South Carolina

What a great 3 years you've had! But why is your year done so early? Three months til January!!
    North Carolina

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Deer season😩

• HawgBonz
      HawgBonz commented
      Editing a comment
      FWIW. I often wonder how many deer walk right past me as I kick rocks.. d;^)
      But the older I get, the less I care. It took a long time to figure out I just like being in the woods.
      Gonna try more small game and wild cooking JJ style this season.
      Best of luck to ya! d:^)

You should go to Rankin museum for inspiration!
    North Carolina

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      I plan to check out some places in NC and GA before the end of the year. Tell me more in NC if you have any recommendations please.

That’s a good season of finds for anyone. I know it’s sad it’s the end but you can always jump in the creek 😉
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      The creek🤦‍♀️

• SurfaceHunter
      SurfaceHunter commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol

Nothing to exciting?.. done for the season? Lowly last weeks finds? Can’t find the “great “ quartz knife.. the seasons never over… you’re spoiled, find other options.. just sayin…✌️
    Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Don’t pick on me, lol. I never said lowly finds. And I’ll find the knife. It’s here somewhere. I probably walked around with it for a few hours.
      Last edited by Josie; 09-05-2021, 10:26 PM.

• UpNorth
      UpNorth commented
      Editing a comment
      ~~👍.. keep um coming.. Jo~~

That's a lot for just a few weeks. Great haul there. Too bad about the shortened season. Pretty soon I'll be limited to just early morning weekend hunting because of lack of daylight. Even then the leaves will be covering 80% of the ground, so I can sympathize.
    Central Ohio

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      The leaves are falling here already because we had so much rain early this summer but it’s dry now. I been fooled by those leaves, lol.

Good year, no fall, winter searching?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      January 2nd, I’ll be able to go as much as I want. Honestly, I could probably go between 1:30 and 3:00 some afternoons because most everyone is out of their stands during that time but I’d make lots of people mad at me if I did and I don’t want to get shot. There’s a couple of hunting clubs that border my property so I won’t chance it.

• gregszybala
      gregszybala commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, hunting season. I understand now!

excellent...you've done well...
    Utah

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Darrel, now I’m going to finish making frames. That at least gives me something to do until January.

Nice recent finds Josie!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Thanks Red! Got a few finds from those last two trips that I haven’t posted because I got questions. I’m getting better but still find a lot that I’m not sure of what I’m finding. Part of the learning process I suppose.
      South Carolina

Comment

Town Creek Indian Mound is a very interesting stop.
        And just down the road/up the river from my hunt club in Richmond County.
        Twenty years of fiddlin around Ellerbe and I still haven't been to Rankin. Can't ever remember it when I'm not busy with somethin else.
        Looks like a great place. d:^)
        Lexington to the Sortof Southernmost Uwharries of NC. Jake..

Comment

Josie , first photo upper left, neat point all those that style point is just like yours one barb or shoulder is pointed and one rounds up. what do you call them in your area. That is a really nice point
          South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Josie
            Josie commented
            Editing a comment
            I’ve noticed that. I have some that I’ve thought they were going to be Kirk corner notch but then the other side suggests definitely not. I can’t tell most of the time until I can get the clay off. But I thought those above were Savannah Rivers. Have found Parris Island in that spot as well. Thanks Johnny.
        Working...
        X