Oldies but goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldies but goodies

I have been going through my box of some Columbia river finds and thought i would share some photos with you guys all these were found in the late 1950 s through the 1960 s. . These are a small group of Cascade blades all found along the Columbia river , i can still see them in my mind washed up in the pea gravel bars along the river banks of course back then i was a whole lot smaller and closer to the ground so it was easier to see them. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1596.JPG Views:	0 Size:	204.6 KB ID:	592104Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1598.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.2 KB ID:	592105Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1600.JPG Views:	0 Size:	82.1 KB ID:	592106Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1597.JPG Views:	0 Size:	88.0 KB ID:	592107Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1599.JPG Views:	0 Size:	105.6 KB ID:	592108 these are made of agate and jasper .
    Last edited by beatup1354; 10-13-2021, 03:12 PM.
    Wyoming

Great artifacts. Really neat you found them and preserved them for us to see. The ones you didn't find got tumbled and slammed against rocks. Old timers

Comment

• beatup1354
      beatup1354 commented
      Editing a comment
      yes sir

Nice to see some of your finds.
    Central Ohio

Comment

Very nice relics, appreciate the share.
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

great point's. i like the cascade's thanks for posting.
        Utah

Comment

Look like some great Cascade knives

Comment

Super finds, glad you found them before the damn flooded them. Love the workmanship.
            SE IA

Comment

• beatup1354
              beatup1354 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes the Dams were up and working when these were found below McNary Dam on down to The Dalles Dam, McNary was completed in 1954 and the Dalles in 1957 we would do most of our hunting in the winter time when the dams would be holding water back for release in the spring and summer. I have vague memories of going down to Celilo falls with my parents before The Dalles was finished and watching the Native Americans doing traditional dip net fishing.
              Last edited by beatup1354; 10-13-2021, 07:26 PM.

• oldrocks2
              oldrocks2 commented
              Editing a comment
              What a great memory. Then to be able to pick up gem points . I was there in 61,some town needed a sub for Navy day or vet day or some day, we went up puget sound to a town I don't remember and do remember the beauty of the area.

Beauties! Columbia river material is awesome!
            SW Connecticut

Comment

Nice blades beat.....thanks for sharing
              Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Would be crazy to walk up on those in situ.

Comment

Good finds I figured you had some and always wondered why you never posted any
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

• beatup1354
                    beatup1354 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have had these and other points in a box inside of a trunk for the last 35 years and now i am going through everything i knew that was inside said trunk .

Lovely leaf shapes , beautifully executed, perfect material. They're awesome.
                  California

Comment

make my eyes bleed there so purdy

Comment

Those are some mighty fine finds! Thanks for sharing!
                      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Hey Bret, The blades were knapped by an expert craftsman. The old guy used some BEAUTIFUL lithic material.
                        Michigan Yooper
                        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• beatup1354
                          beatup1354 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Ron that was always something about hunting that area alot of beautiful materials for the Native Americans to work with .
                      Working...
                      X