No announcement yet.

Elders Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal and any form of quartz are my favorite types they get under appreciated! Nice saves!

Comment

Group photo Sierra Contracting Stem Cluster 3000 BC Click image for larger version

Name:	PA252561.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	596002

Comment

I'm excited to hit some reliable 'spots' after the cyclone bomb. Glimmer of silver in the lining of what, for us, was a pretty destructive storm.
        You've found a couple of nice ones there. Crystal points are extra special but that basalt one is very nice too. Is the base missing a bit, or was it squared-off?
        Neat to see Sierra Contracting Stems grouped like that, as you can see it's quite a broad group ( in the way a lot of variety is shoe-horned into the type) same seems to be true of their Coastal Contracting Stem cousins.
        Since you find crystal points routinely, I have a couple of questions; curious what the biggest clear crystal point you've seen or found from California and if you think, in your area, crystal was especially venerated and frequently occurs in association with burials?
        Asking as I found a chunk of what might have been a very large crystal blade not to long ago.
        California

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	PA252549.JPG Views:	0 Size:	396.2 KB ID:	596985Click image for larger version  Name:	PA252554.JPG Views:	10 Size:	329.5 KB ID:	596184 Tom all the dark points are Basalt the point your asking about is a Steamboat Lanceolate bases can be pointed - rounded or flat a lot of variation in the cluster that point may have damage on the base . Its hard to tell with all the weathering the crystal points run small bird point size up to an 1 1/2 inch Darts but I have found large cores maybe someday . The site is somewhat flat takes a lot of rain to wash anything out over forty years of walking this little camp about 2 1/2 acres . I added a photo of bed rock mortars near the big rock . Click image for larger version  Name:	PA252568.JPG Views:	3 Size:	196.4 KB ID:	596179
          Last edited by south fork; 10-30-2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X