Last Four Hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Four Hunts

Hello gang, I tend to do a lot more window shopping than I do posting these days, but this time of year it seems like the finds start to slow down. With that in mind I thought I’d post a few pics of my 4 most recent hunts. Seems like we’ve had more rain this year than I’m used to seeing which has afforded me more late year finds than I’d normally find. Anyhow, that’s enough of all my pontificating, the attached pics represent the good, bad and ugly from the last four hunts. I hope everyone is doing well and thanks for looking.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4825F0AA-2D73-40CB-A837-3E5EF847A946.jpeg
Views:	252
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	596097Click image for larger version

Name:	0FA6EE08-82AB-4044-A9E8-5E647B506CB1.jpeg
Views:	181
Size:	102.3 KB
ID:	596098Click image for larger version

Name:	4B1E8D1C-FE2F-48E3-AC8D-BB57A4C5DF69.jpeg
Views:	171
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	596099Click image for larger version

Name:	1F1D02B0-AB8C-4EC4-8F9A-DC1F488ACDAB.jpeg
Views:	179
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	596100

ya been busy,with excellent results. good on ya.what state?
    Utah

Comment

• NoStoneUnturned
      NoStoneUnturned commented
      Editing a comment
      I hunt Indiana, Kentucky and I even have a few sites in Southern Illinois.

Congratulations, you've had some very good hunts. Lots of identifiable points here I think. Looks like I can see Adenas and Big Sandys and other identifiable types. You must have been on sites ranging from Early Archaic thru Woodland plus an old Flatfish fishing lure. Looks like some of the ones I found on my old hunting grounds. So not knowing your location they look like they were found in the southern mid west or the north central southeast of the USA. Also looks like many were made from Ft. Payne or a similar chert.

Comment

• NoStoneUnturned
      Editing a comment
      Mostly Indiana hornstone, with some local chert that is often confused with Fort Payne.

Nice finds.. very good hunts!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Lots of standouts there and some excellent ones to study. The one with the huge base second pic down lower right! Many others!

Comment

• NoStoneUnturned
        Editing a comment
        Sharpened down Big Sandy, bet it was a fair bit bigger once upon a time.

Well the good is excellent, the bad is missing and the ugly is pretty darn cute. Good stuff altogether. I think several different types. What can you tell us about them? Age , culture(s), location? You never said where you are from.
      California

Comment

• NoStoneUnturned
        Editing a comment
        These are from Indiana, but I have sites all over Kentucky and a few in Illinois. More sites than a working man has time for sadly!

Good walks! Some very nice finds.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

That’s a good creek you are in
        NW Georgia,

Comment

You have added some very nice artifacts to your collection.
          South Dakota

Comment

You've been busy, nice finds.
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Nice finds some great points but what part of country ?

Comment

Really cool stuff . Nice spots. What are the rounded lance looking points called

Comment

• NoStoneUnturned
                Editing a comment
                The three in the second photo? Collector's often call them Beavertail Adenas, but as I understand it they are a variant of the Dickson, and although they carry the Adena moniker, they are generally considered to fall within the Hopewell culture.
            Working...
            X