Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todays finds! Wow! Incredible day never to be forgotten!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marshall, san patrice, pogo. Fantastic day!

Comment

Good hunting! Sweet finds
      South Carolina

Comment

That’s a GREAT day, and your friend will have his! I concur San Patrice. Super stuff
        North Carolina

Comment

What part of east Tx ?
          east Tx.

Comment

Near 3 states Hudson. Didnt fare near as well today. Which would be hard to come remotely close to yesterday. Found 7 or 8 field grades. Couple fire pitted ones and a bird point i lost somewhere between my friends where i left my boat in tx and home in AR. Not guna lose any sleep over it though

Comment

Wow. ,yall are really killing it down in texas!....awesome finds!....💪🙂
              JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

Comment

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                I’m telling you, them peeps need a handicap….

Yes ive been pretty fortunate in TX here lately but id say that i am way more productive here in AR. If i had to guess, 80% of my collection has come from AR and it seems they are always much better quality than my TX ones and better materials used. My experience anyways…., most the time i can go to TX
              and find quantity but if i go here in AR i may not find many but the ones i do are of superior quality. And id take one good one over pockets full of commons any day! But TX surprised me yesterday with some high quality artifacts! Still cant believe the day i had! I am taking tomorrow off though for some rest and to do some maintenance on boat and trailer. My back is killing me from all the hunts ive been on the past few days! Old man needs a break! Hahah

Comment

• Cecilia
                Cecilia commented
                Editing a comment
                My daughter lives Arizona, is chip off old rockhound mother, sends me some great lithics!

Your points great, of course, but I eyeball your calipers every time I see them. Makes me wanna go measure something!
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• PaleoSnow
                PaleoSnow commented
                Editing a comment
                Calipers are the only way to go! They come in handy all the time and for all sorts of things. And although you would probably think they are expensive, they are very cheap. We have Harbor Freight stores here that sell all kinds of “cheap” tools and im thinking those were maybe $8. Less than $10 i know for sure. Not sure if yall have that store chain there but u should definitely get some especially if u want an accurate measurement on anything. I use them on coins sometimes, working in the shop, wherever. And thank you for your kind comments on my recent finds! Id love to hunt that region where your daughter lives and cool thats shes taken interest. Dont see many women doing it around here that i can really recall.

Hay what's not to like about this thread? Good Company, good finds and good story. K
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Im pretty sure i posted these two as well that i found a month or so ago but i cant recall where or if i even did it right! Haha. Im new on here ad still learning where and how to post things. But if youve seen them already I apologize, if not enjoy! This will be another day that i will never forget hunting up in AR. What makes it so memorable is not just the age and quality of these two but how i found the first one, the dalton, and then took 2-3 steps and could not believe what i was seeing! In so close proximity. I have many different daltons of all types but they dont come often or easily, but a scottsbluff right beside it…… Unbelievable! That feeling i had at that moment and for however long it lasted as i relived it telling the story to friends and family can not be duplicated. That feeling is what i live for! And its always makes the miles, the mud, the blood, the briars, the tears, the money, and the time invested in this hobby WELL worth it!
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X