?ID Resource Guide (Not Overstreet)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?ID Resource Guide (Not Overstreet)?

Ok ya'll.  Hep me out here.  I'm trying to find a comprehensive point guide for the Tennessee area.  I gots the Overstreet guide but would like to find another more indepth guide for my area.  I spend way too much time searching the intenet to ID points.  Oh - did I mention that I don't want to have to take out a loan to buy this guide.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. ---Chuck :S
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

http://mikestnarrowheads.homestead.com/      i remember coming across this site a while back see if it helps any     looks like hes a member of this site as well but is a pretty nicce site with a typology guide for TN

Comment

AS FAR AS COMPREHENSIVE ILL LET YOU DECIDE BUT SEEMS LIKE GOOD INFO

Comment

Something that helped me out years ago was to subscribe to you States Archaeological society magazine. They are loaded with points from your area, and good reads from hunters, and pros in the hobby...

Comment

Matt - I'll check it out.  Ain't run across that site yet.  Tks.  John - that sounds like a good idea that I hadn't thought of.  Gonna see if I can find out more info on it.  Tks ya'll.  Couple of good ideas.  ---Chuck
          Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Chuck, some of Hothem's series "Artifacts of the Midwest" would help you out as well. Get the later series like 4 or 5 great color photo's and covers more than just points as well. Can usually pick up copies on Ebay pretty reasonable if you time them right-Bill

Comment

Hey Bill - Thanks for that.  I've heard of the Hothem series but have yet to check them out.  Now I will.  Tks agn. ---Chuck

Comment

Working...
              X