North American Projectile Points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North American Projectile Points

Any of you familiar with or have an opinion on North American Projectile Points by William Jack Hranicky?
    Looks like it may be a pretty good reference book, but?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

I think Cliff knows Hranicky well, maybe he has a good opinion. I thought it looked pretty good as well, based on what Google Books let's you see of it.
    Rhode Island

Comment

I have never seen the book Greg
      Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

rmartin wrote:

I have never seen the book Greg
          http://books.google.com/books?id=zMi...Points&f=false
        Rhode Island

Comment

"Wm. Jack Hranicky is a retired Government contractor, but has been involved with archaeology as a full-time passion for over 40 years. He is a charter (1976) member of the Registry of Professional Archaeologists (RPA).
          His main interest is the Paleo-Indian period; however, he has worked in all facets of American archaeology. He has published over 200 papers and over 30 books in archaeology with his most recent being a two-volume, 800 page, 10,000 artifacts, book on the material culture of Virginia. In Virginia, he is considered an expert on prehistoric stone tools and rockart.
          He taught anthropology at the Northern Virginia Community College and St Johns High School College. He has delivered 100s of archaeological papers at various amateur and professional conferences throughout the U.S. He operated the first bulletin board (ASVNET and ESAFNET) and Internet website in archaeology. He holds the Internet domain archeology.org. He published Popular Archaeology which was a news magazine in the 1970-90s.
            He has served as president of the Archeological Society of Virginia (ASV) and Eastern States Archeological Federation (ESAF), been past chairman of the Alexandria Archaeology Commission, and he is a charter member of the Registry of Professional Archaeologists (RPA). He runs the Virginia Rockart Survey and the McCary Fluted Point Survey. And, he is past- president of the Alexandria Radio Club.
          He mediated the turnover of the Maryland’s Sandy Hill Adena Cache to the Public Domain. Also, he has performed nearly 200 artifact collection appraisals, which were from Missouri to Florida to New York. He has analyzed over two million artifacts.
          His major Virginia excavations are the Fout, Fisher, and Tanner sites and participated in nearly 50 other excavations. He excavated the Spout Run site which is a paleo-calendar and is one of the oldest above ground site in North America.
          He received the AACA Life Time Achievement, and a Meritorious Award on his retirement as a contractor Department of State.
          He did his undergraduate at the Virginia Commonwealth University and graduate studies at the University of Oklahoma.
            Jack Hranicky with his 2010 Lifetime Achievement Award
          from the Authentic Artifact Collectors Association
          For more information: Google search: Wipekida Hranicky
          Major Previous Work:
          Hranicky, Wm Jack
          (2010 2nd edition) Material Culture from Prehistoric Virginia (Volumes 1 and 2). AuthorHouse, Bloomington, IN.
          (2010 2nd edition) North American Projectile Points. AuthorHouse, Bloomington, IN."

I included the above excerpt to introduce anyone  who might be interested in Mr. Hanicky's credentials. He is a really great guy to talk to and a friend to all Indian artifact collectors. I would like to add that every one I have talked to who has read some or all of his books believe they are an excellent information and reference source for every one who is interested in Indian artifacts.

Comment

I agree with Charlie. What can be examined looks very good.

Comment

Working...
            X