Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me if this book is worth the read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me if this book is worth the read?

Just curious, thought I'd ask before I buy it.

sure, why not check it out. have you ever seen Roger Williams book "a Key into the language of America" ? thats another great book filled with first hand accounts from his time living with the Narragansett's
    call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

• awassamog
      awassamog commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Jay, yes I have that, those observations and commentary by Williams is a local treasure. Not sure if you are aware, that book is/was available online, no charge. Might be thru Brown univ or state of ri.

Give it a try METACOM. I just started a first hand account of Crazy Horse and George A. Custer. The author compares each and tracks their major life events through the Little Big Horn. Funny thing is the author tries to show that Crazy Horse and Custer are very similar in their aspirations but his book actually does the opposite. I started it on a lark but it's pretty interesting. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I'll give it a shot, thanks guys.

Comment

I read a book back in the 80's with the same title. I cannot say definitively if it was this book or not?Several authors have created and recreated the story. It is a good story and any cperson who has an interest in early US History would be wise to familiarize ones self with this story. It was the first war in US History.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Thanks Hoss, good point.

Comment

I haven't read that one but the reviews are good. I've read Benjamin Church's diary of the war, excellent, and I've read the Schultz book, great for lots of photos but I just didn't enjoy the authors retelling of the story, too politically correct in tone, seemed to overemphasize militia atrocities and downplay the Wampanoag actions. I side with the natives over the Plymouth colony, but found the writers PC bias annoying.

Haven't read it but many say Flintlock and Tomahawk is the best on King phillips war. Written by Douglas Leach in the 1950s
            Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	41URCAdC96L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	278948
              Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

I actually forgot to check that one out, thanks for that. I'm gonna pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                X