Jeff Boudreau's Book is Back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Boudreau's Book is Back!

What great news. One of the very best typology guides to the Northeast, is, at long, long last, available again. Below I have copied in its entirety the good news as I just received it from the guide's editor, Bill Moody:

Friends,
    I have some good news! The last edition of the outstanding typology book produced by Jeff Boudreau is once again available for purchase through the Massachusetts Archaeological Society. (See attached photos.) As many of you know, this remarkable book was the culmination of Jeff’s life’s work on the subject. It is an unparalleled reference work for our region and deserves a place in everyone’s library.

The book is full color, 8 ½ X11” spiral bound, 176 pages. All artifacts are shown actual size, covering everything from Paleo fluted points to Woodland and Contact Period projectiles. There is also a section on identifying New England lithics, as well as some very informative essays.

At this time, the best way to order the book is by calling the Robbins Museum (MAS headquarters) directly during museum hours (Saturday 10:00-2:00 and Wednesday, 10:00-4:00) at 508-947-9005. Their website has been experiencing some problems, so it may be a short while before orders can be placed online.

Please let anyone know who might be interested—and don’t miss out on the opportunity to acquire a copy!

Bill

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2990.JPG
Views:	614
Size:	98.6 KB
ID:	374170

Rhode Island

Looks like a very interesting read. Is it in color? And here is everybody's favorite question. How much is it? I for one, would be interested in this book if I ever find a darn PA arrowhead, or for when I do come up for an arrowheads.com meeting.

By the way, that red Clovis on the cover is killer.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      Everything is in color, and life size, and fairly high res photos as well. I believe it is $85 plus postage. Which is cheap for 176 pages with over 1200 life size color photos. Everyone who has a copy knows that is a great price for what you are getting.

• -=METACOM=-
      -=METACOM=- commented
      Editing a comment
      The book is an absolute must have. I was on cloud 9 when mine came in the mail. Do yourself a favor and pick one up.

Originally posted by Kentucky point View Post
    Looks like a very interesting read. Is it in color? And here is everybody's favorite question. How much is it? I for one, would be interested in this book if I ever find a darn PA arrowhead, or for when I do come up for an arrowheads.com meeting.

By the way, that red Clovis on the cover is killer.
    Bill also included these photos to give you some idea.....

Name:	IMG_2991.JPG
Views:	553
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	374175

From the section on lithic types:

Name:	IMG_2992.JPG
Views:	565
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	374176

Rhode Island

Comment

I am a huge cheapskate, so $85 is a lot to me. However, I have began selling stuff on ebay, and I can raise the money rather quickly.
      "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• -=METACOM=-
        -=METACOM=- commented
        Editing a comment
        For what you get it's worth it. Trust me, there's no need to mull it over, you know you want one.

I wish they had this book for each individual state!
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

Cool Charlie thx for the heads up....it's been so long i forgot about it.. after seeing one last sept when iIcame up to RI I've wanted one....i must get one..before it's unavailable again!)
        Last edited by redrocks; 06-21-2019, 11:47 AM.
        SW Connecticut

Comment

I was just going to post this good news, but you beat me to the punch Charlie! So glad this is back in print.

Comment

I guess I know what I am doing tomorrow afternoon!!!

Comment

I’ll be buying 2 more copies! One for me and one for nate
              Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Comment

• CMD
                CMD commented
                Editing a comment
                That's great!

Name:	24453B2E-8BC4-448D-BF33-0F9D70258878.jpeg
Views:	623
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	374331
              Boom, there it is...

Comment

• CMD
                CMD commented
                Editing a comment
                Enjoy, it's the best....

Finally added to my library Click image for larger version

Name:	BB81A79F-19CE-47B9-9E9A-12D15C8B534E.jpeg
Views:	408
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	501554
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• CMD
                CMD commented
                Editing a comment
                Enjoy. There’s a serrated Brewerton Eared Triangle from Ct. in there that was found by somebody in the old Mud and Muck Society, the short lived group of Ct. collectors that you might have known back in the day. Always regretted seeing their webpage disappear....

• Hoss
                Hoss commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Charlie
            Working...
            X