Suggested listening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested listening?

Tyler Childers is a country artist that has several songs about hunting for arrowheads and native artifacts. Two of my favorites are “Banded Clovis” and “Rocks and relics”. I was just amazed that someone was making really good music about my favorite subject matter. Now I can’t go hunt without blasting a couple arrowhead jams. If anyone has any suggestions for music about artifacts let me know. I hadn’t heard any music about the hunt before Tyler Childers or since but I would love to expand my hunting playlist with more rock hunting based tunes. Here is a link to banded Clovis. if you haven’t heard it I hope you enjoy and it inspires your next hunt... ps. Don’t do what he does at the end of the song, that’s just rude. Hahaha

rocks and relics, it’s about his little nephew always finding the good ones!

Comment

Let’s just hope that no horrific event in which he sings, never happens !
      Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Right!! But the biggest tragedy there was selling the Clovis! Lol

Comment

Nothing you can dance to, but interesting..
          On a lighter note. A little history of a local legend who loved to hunt artifacts in Tennessee. Johnny cash had a great love of taking time off and hunting creeks and fields. He took his children often and taught them to look for them. Some of my points that mean the most to me were found When I...
          If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• Okieknaphead
            Okieknaphead commented
            Editing a comment
            That was really cool, never heard it before. It puts you in the rock walking frame of mind!

Same song with a better sound..
          Last edited by Olden; 03-16-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

It’s funny to hear Johnny cash talk about having the same thoughts and questions as all of us after finding an artifact! It’s great to think that he could appreciate something so small while living such a huge life. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I think Cash's appeal was his 'down to earth' attitude: it probably carried over from his hard working beginnings as a farmer son. Here's a link to his album 'Bitter Tears', a controversial set about NA history which I believe he did in about '64.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni_E...Zl_tk8aVX-nyjk

"In 2014 a tribute album, Look Again to the Wind: Johnny Cash's Bitter Tears Revisited, was released - contributions by Gillian Welch, Dave Rawlings, Emmylou Harris, Bill Miller, and others. This was also the name of a documentary film about the suppression of Cash's Native American-themed album in the 1960s. This aired on PBS in February and November 2016" wiki
              'Look Again to the Wind' features Americana artists paying tribute to a poignant Johnny Cash Album, 'Bitter Tears: Ballads of the American Indian.'

Last edited by Olden; 03-16-2020, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X