A little reading for the lockdown.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little reading for the lockdown.

Hopefully this link works. Many back issues of Ohio Archeologists. Free.
    Central Ohio

Looks like you have to type in "Ohio archaeologists" in the search bar on the page. The issues will pop up.
    Central Ohio

Comment

Some of the artifacts are just stunning. A lot were surface finds back in the day. Makes me drool, and wonder if my hunting skills aren't so sharp. I see my area mentioned many times associated with some of the crazy stuff. One side thought... a few artifacts shown in some of the issues I've made it through look too good to be true. I suspect some fakes even make it into these respected magazines. Any opinion on that hunch?
      Central Ohio

Comment

Very cool that all of these are on line. From 1951 - 2009. I keep this on my bookmark bar so always accessible.
        This link will take you to the last issues, to change decades go to the left side of the page, Discover, Date issued.
        I'd be willing to bet there are a good many fakes that have made the pages.

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Better link, thanks. As far as the artifacts, makes you wonder, it's a shame people would fake an artifact, but on the flip side...mankind is compelled to make art, these old artifacts are works of art in my opinion, not surprising man still would have a desire to reproduce them, especially if there is a monetary value involved.

Thank you so much Flintguy...I can never find enough info to read...Cheers!
        North Central Kentucky

Comment

• flintguy
          flintguy commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you liked it. Similar stuff to what you would find in your area also, so that's a plus.
      Working...
      X