Absolutely amazing collection of slate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely amazing collection of slate

If you want to see some absolutely amazing slate relics, the second part of the David Root collection has been pictured. Really an amazing opportunity to see one of the best collections of documented slate to have been amassed. If you like eye candy or actually buy relics, I think looking at authentic examples is a great opportunity to learn.

Hopefully this link will work, if not the PDF copy is available at https://www.premiereauctionsgroup.com if you want to check it out.

Edit, the link didn't work strait to the catalog. You have to do a little extra scrolling and clicking if you want to see it.
    Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Amazing collection.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Hey Joshua, Thanks for the link. I would never have imagined that one man's collection would include all of that. WOW!
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• clovisoid
        clovisoid commented
        Editing a comment
        Before he sold his company, he owned most of the highway billboards in northern Ohio. He bought a lot of collections and focused on well documented stuff.

Some pieces I had no idea might exist. It's amazing what we don't know and keep learning. Amazing collection, did you see some of the prices?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• clovisoid
        clovisoid commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup, there will be several items that go well north of $20k.

I know we don't discuss value too much, but the price is relative. Ancient native american relics is still one of the few collectable areas where a hard working person could afford the highest end stuff if they really wanted something. (Aside from maybe some pop-eyed birdstones and some quartz banners, most stuff is the price of a new car or less.) Paintings, coins, firearms, cars, baseball cards, modern art, Chinese art, photographs, antique furniture, fossils, etc. etc. etc. all routinely go into the millions or much more for the rare/best stuff.

Thanks for the link. Amazing items!

Do you all buy much from auctions?

Comment

• clovisoid
        clovisoid commented
        Editing a comment
        Some collectors only want what they personally find, some only buy, and others do a mix of both. I don't think there's a wrong answer, just personal preferences.

I don't have much time any more to find stuff, and no longer live near my old stomping grounds, so I occasionally buy stuff that interests me. But given the choice, I'd rather spend the time looking than the money buying.

Wow thanks for the link .

Comment

Great way to see what original pieces look like....He musta been on the one a month plan....I particularly liked the engraved pieces...Very interesting, trying to figure out what they were saying...Guess it must’ve been personal....thanks....
        Floridaboy.

Comment

Working...
        X