New NC Archeology book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NC Archeology book.

Well I’ve been excited about this book being released. Just wanted to let everyone know it’s available now. It’s an update and reevaluation of Coe’s point typology and chronology timeframe. I believe it is a must have for anyone interested in archeology in the south not just NC. Or for anyone interested in NA archeology in general. My copy is expected to arrive next week I’ll follow up with what I think of it. Click image for larger version

Name:	5D36EAD1-FDD0-4703-813F-9E40339BBCAD.jpeg
Views:	175
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	533297
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Oh yeah!!! Can't wait to see how the classic was revised! Love Coe's work!
    North Carolina

Comment

• Sugaree
      Sugaree commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s a must have! It’s got some surprises such as Rowan/Big Sandy points are younger then thought. Hardaway Daltons are 2000 years older then Coe’s timeframe. Something that I really liked is that it includes our Appalachian Summit points in the point type sequence which Coe did not. One thing that surprised me is that he thinks some of the larger Morrow Mountain points are actually Mack points. Such as possibly my Avatar. One of the characteristics of Mack points is they are commonly made of flow banded rhyolite and are late archaic to woodland. This makes me realize how little I actually know!

Always cool in the refining of info, I'm in with the addition of mack points, as my biggest find was a six inch MM/ mack blade.
    North Carolina

Comment

Nice...looking forward to the review...ill have to research this book
      Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Working...
      X