How the Americas were populated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How the Americas were populated

I have never accepted the ice bridge as how the america's were populated. I found this on u tube and it sure makes an argument. It's quite long but really full of facts that I believe makes sense .
    Finding America - Seeking New Paleolithic Paradigms - YouTube
    SE IA

You are making me very happy today, OldRocks!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• oldrocks2
      oldrocks2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't hunt em but am learning a lot.

I never had trouble believing it,, Nice reasearch.
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Pleasant surprise for a Monday night. Watched half. Cool to see the ancient man from Japan.

Comment

Curious how old this lecture is and how the debate (war?) around this controversial theory has developed in the last few years....Any new data, either way?
        For instance, have the blades found in ancient deposits along shore been dated to the time claimed?

California

Comment

The recent find in Morocco dating homo erected back over 1M years is just an example of how one find can completely change man’s origin story.
          Child of the tides

Comment

Interesting info and a good video to watch.
            The peopling of the Americas is something I've followed for most of my adult life.
            Some excellent resources I'd like to share to keep your interests peaked:

1. Some of Dub Crook's you tube presentations regarding ongoing research on this topic and some of the sites being excavated across the continent.
            Dub is a member of the Houston, Texas, and Hill County Archaeology Societies, and a dang knowledgeable person.

2. The "Mammoth Trumpet" is put out by The Study of The First Americans Department of Anthropology Texas A&M University.
            I think it's like $35 for a year, and there are 4 publications a year.

Both are super interesting.

FGH Check out my artifact store at Lone Star Artifact Reclaim

Comment

• oldrocks2
              oldrocks2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, will get 1 or both.

Always an interesting topic. I’ve been following the different theories for years. I have a middle of the road view on all those theories. Some are backed up by years of study and some are a bit sketchy. The more research that is done on the topic by all involved only adds to the big picture.
            Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Thanks Lone Star for the heads up about Dub Crook, like his attitude that the science is on going, agree with him mostly, he laid it all out in that video
              Last edited by LongStride; 09-18-2021, 06:04 PM.
              2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

Yes their have Ben many developments in the story this video is 7 years or more old what you are seeing now is technology blowing the lid off all the Bull crapwe have Ben fed. Dr.Stanford was a. pioneer in American prehistory sad that he was persecuted for years by the old guards of the Clovis first army !. RIP Dennis Stanford
                New Jersey

Comment

Do not be surprised when you see Neanderthal type people as well being discovered in our fossle records. All over north America and under its coastline .
                  New Jersey

Comment

Ive yet to watch the video but ive always thought, due to overwhelming similarities, that the indiginious folks of north america must somehow be connected to those just south of the border, the aztecs, the incas etc...and that those southern neighbors of ours must somehow be connected to the ancient Egyptians, again due to overwhelming similarities not only among their infrastructures but their social structure as well, as for how they ended up on this continent, wouldnt it be nice if we were given more then one or two major possibilities to consider...🙂
                    JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

Comment

Watching it and thank you .

Comment

Working...
                      X