Free Custom Topo Quads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Custom Topo Quads

The USGS is offering free Topo Quadrangles at the below link. The program allows you to custom center the map being created on your area of interest, instead of being bound to their existing quads. The interface has a quirk though, at least for my computer, to get the Custom Select tool to appear you have to click where the sample quad is shown, and reselect the 7.5. You should receive the map link to a pdf format map of about 45-50 meg in about 4 days. Cool program, especially for free.
    The U.S. Geological Survey continues to advance the topographic map with on-demand custom mapping.
    Coastal Plain of Maryland

Cool, thanks!
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• Broken Arrow
      Broken Arrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Greg, can you highlight this post or pin it maybe? Its always a pain when good resources get buried.

• gregszybala
      gregszybala commented
      Editing a comment
      I'd like to, just can't figure out a good place to pin it where it won't get lost.

Had to read my usual 3xs fully get drift of post (“Topo Quads”——-love words!), and gosh, gonna think what’s on wish list, and pretend going there for walking tour! Thank you Mondo!
    Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Glad that you found the free USGS service useful. And there doesn't appear to a quantity limit, I'm up to six maps so far.

Sorry for the shortened terms, quadrangle was hard enough to type once.
      Coastal Plain of Maryland

Comment

Working...
      X