Warren Moorehead Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Moorehead Book

Some will recognize this name as that of a 19th/early 20th century antiquarian/archaeologist.
    His books are well known for their line drawings of artifacts. He had an interest in the archaeology of Maine, excavated many Maritime Archaic graves with ochre-stained grave goods and developed the romantic notion of the so-called "lost Red Paint People." I just found this google books copy of his 1900 book, "Prehistoric Implements: A Reference Book." Like most google books, it's not the complete edition, but good for the early illustrations, so I post it for those who may wish to peruse

Rhode Island

Thanks Charlie! That one has been saved in the favorites!
    Will be reading that this winter while the snows flying and the winds are blowing.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Thanks Charlie! That one has been saved in the favorites!
      Will be reading that this winter while the snows flying and the winds are blowing.
        Sounds like a plan, Greg
      Rhode Island

Comment

Charlie I went to the Ky Dam show last month I met with Dr Gramly and showed him my Clovis and a couple other goodies. While I was talking with him I told him about a huge stem and tip I had found made of Ryolite. I know of one other at least that was found at that site. During the coversation we got onto Red Paint People and he told me about a new book by Bruce Bourque Maine State Archaeologist
        The book is called the Swordfish Hunters and it is Bourques theory on who was buried in the Red Paint Graves.
        Thought you might want to read it I am buying myself a copy for Christmas.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Working...
        X