Folsom and related artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folsom and related artifacts

As is inevitably the case when a new name comes into use to describe some specialized object of human workmanship, […]

California

Southwest Museum Papers: Thule Springs, Nevada by Harrington and Simpson

More on Folsom, Clovis etc.
    Old but useful.
    California

Comment

Good stuff Tom I'll have to finish reading this later. There is a great book " A survey on the fluted paleo points of Pa. Done by a couple of friends of mine Look it up you may want to get a copy. The title is Pennsylvania Fluted Point Survey, Fogelman and Lantz. Kim
      Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• tomf
        tomf commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the tip, Kim.

Very good thread on the Folsom! Thanks Tom
      SE ARKANSAS

Comment

It's neat how between the two documents, in a relatively short 20 year span they went from using either Yuma or Folsom to describe basically all early points, to essentially having all of the major types that we still use. They basically wrote the book, and tossed it out every few years as discoveries were made.

And then they wrote the final book with Clovis first and didn't change much for the next 40+ years.
        Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

• tomf
          tomf commented
          Editing a comment
          Absolutely. I should have qualified that these material is old. Still useful and enlightening to trace the evolution of thought and research. Also some great pictures in Southwest Museum (early Tusk?) Papers.
      Working...
      X