Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good books for self-authentication study?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good books for self-authentication study?

Good morning,
    I am seeking any reccomendations for good books to read on self-authentication study on Native American artifacts. Has anyone read any of these books, or know of any that they could recommend?
    Thank you for your time,
    James
    www.bonanza.com/booths/jwilk23805

yes there is books to study ,,,,, gegory perino, is one but they very pricy ,rare, and out of print but the best (IMO)
    noel Justice
    lar hothem
    these come to mind right off hand
    and of course there is overstreet
    welcome to  our forum ... From NW Arkansas
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

You can still get the books by Perino and Bell I think the set goes for 60 bucks in reprint from the

The OAS best seller
      Guides to the Identification of Certain American Indian Projectile Points. Special Bulletins 1-4, Bell -and- Perino. 428 pages. A four volume set, first published between 1958 and 1971, providing the descriptions, dating and geographic distribution of 200 dart and arrow point types, ranging in age from the earliest Paleoindian Clovis points to Historic period metal arrow points. A total of 1,789 projectile points are illustrated.  Cost $60.
      I thought that was out of print too and paid 90 for used then came across this link. I will use my 90 dollar ones for now two of the four volume set are first edition so they have a bit of value even if used.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hi James,
           If you are looking for books on authenticating artifacts, read Jim Bennett's "Authenticating Ancient Indian Artifacts", which will give you a primer on how to learn to discriminate. John Berner wrote a book " American Indian Artifacts- Genuine or Reproduction" , which is a book of his excellent articles from Central States Journal from over the years. These are a start, just add long term experience.

Comment

Working...
        X