Books for identifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Books for identifying

Any suggestions about books I should buy to help me identify arrowheads? I've seen you guys mention Overstreet...anything else?

For your location Daniel I would suggest some of Lar Hothem's books. He is from Ohio and concentrated most of his literature on midwest points which would fall right in your neck of the woods. (A dying phrase as there are few woods left.) If you have a little patience you can pick them up on ebay for a song and a dance. Get the later editions as they have color photos, the nice thing about Hothem's work is that he id's everything from thumb scrapers to points and bladelets as well as hard stone artifacts, his stuff helped me learn quite a bit-Bill

Comment

Dan, look under the header "Artifact Resources" on this site. Overstreet Id guide is posted.

Comment

Thanks Bill and Butch!

Comment

Be aware that the Id guide on this website is just a preview, it is a little older, and it will only allow you to read a certain amount of pages before they close it down for you.  If you want a copy of the book for yourself, I strongly suggest you pick a copy up from the Arrowheads.com stores, or get one off amazon.com
          Andrew Schwinn
          Arrowheads.com Staff

Comment

Thanks Andrew!

Comment

Working...
            X