JJ Cale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JJ Cale

I thought about adding this in after the Robbie link....but nah...JJ deserves his own link and title...we lost this great singer song writer last summer.  JJ is the man.  Not everyone knows him, but the songs he wrote achieved great commercial success with other bands like, Lynard Skynard and Eric Clapton....hell even Clapton bows down to JJ!  I only saw him twice 95 and 2004, but they were both great shows...we miss u JJ!
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

and doesn't Leon Russell look like Sauroman....has anybody seen him lately..the white witch...ha
    From blues collection on https://www.veojam.com/bluesJ.J. Cale performs his famous "After Midnight" during session at the Paradise Studios L.A, 1979.

Cheers

Totally agree - even when the man was rockin' it, it was in a laid back, unassuming way.
    I'll miss his unique sound..
    J.J. Cale - Travelin' Light-1976- Troubadour (album) Travelin' light, is the only way to flyTravelin' light, just you and IOne-way ticket to ecstasyWay on do...

I saw Leon Russell down at VA. Beach back in '95 (?). They had a three day package deal at the hotel which included tickets to six big acts (Leon R., The Band, Deep Purple, The Beach Boys, cain't remember t'others) which were set up under different tents on the beach and boardwalk - anyway, Leon was playing to an empty beach at night: no one knew he was!
    Hope you don't mind if I include one from 'the Master of Space -and- Time'
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

J.J. Cale - Who' Talking-1990- Travel-Log (album)Who's talking, ain't no friend of mineWho's talking, stirred it upWho's talking, who's lyingHard rumours, ha...

J.J. Cale - Low Rider-1992- Number 10 (album)She is my low riderShe is my low riderSome say she's bad,But she's better than no riderShe carries a .45 on her ...

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

In order to not hog all the new links, I'll add these here, but these dude's deserve their own space and title as well, but its ok, here's a hodge podge of a few goodies....

Don't know if people know who darrel scott is, but if you get the chance, go see him, he's an incredible singer songerwriter, can play every instrument, and has written songs that lots of Nashville country has turned into hits, but he doesnt play the radio game, he drives by himself from venue to venue, he's the real deal! I saw him at Merlefest for the first time, had no idea who he was, and have been loyal ever since...do yourself a favor and check out Darrel Scott.
        http://musicfog.com Darrell Scott breaks through on "River Take Me" during his Music Fog session in Nashville. Recorded during the 2010 Americana Music Festi...

and while on singer songwriter kick, can't leave out townes.

Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
        X