Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New View of the Moon

Rhode Island

Really cool. My friend had a telescope many years ago and its amazing just how many times you have to reposition the lens as to just how fast the moon moves across the sky. Very cool thing that guy is doing there because in this day and age so many forget about the natural beauty that is right there for them. For centuries the moon and stars were the entertainment at night. Neat video...thanks for sharing...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I used to have a small telescope that we looked at the moon and stars through and like Frank says, you have to keep adjusting it to follow the moon across the sky. I never knew, until I was in college, that we only see one side of the moon, ever. Science is a wonderful teacher and so awesome to view up close and personal. Thanks for the video Charlie. It's nice to step away from earth once in awhile to get perspective.
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

ahhh wonderful. The Moon is something every living being shares in common. In my opinion people do not think about that enough. He used the word "unifying" toward the endof his naration. In recent years I have thought about that a lot. I have had oportunty to work with people from all over in my life span and this created my thought on the moon and the sun . We all share those things in common. . I wish more people would realize this, we would all get along a lot better.

pretty sure I took this in 2012. Thought I would share it with you all. After all we all share it. Click image for larger version

Name:	wy1.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	290776
        Last edited by Hoss; 03-14-2018, 10:50 PM.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

I grew up with telescopes on my block . Some good enough to see the rings on Saturn . Still have a red one in my living room .
          Its a beautiful video Charlie with his narration and music .
          My favorite part is the minds it has opened . These people clearly have never had that opportunity before . Just think what this young man has done for so many ...
          maybe the young boy will become the next astronomer.
          Very nice . .

Comment

Working...
          X