Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, must have been great. I loved Owner of a Lonely Heart. I saw Steely Dan when they must have been starting out. Gonna post a couple from them. We're showing our age, lol....

• redrocks
    commented on 's reply
    BTW Charlie I saw LED Zeppelin .. in1968 at Yale Bowl in New Haven CT. Here. Ticket was 2.50.haha. And they had an unknown band from England open up for them. YES.

• CMD
    replied
    Originally posted by Cskelton View Post
    CCR is a favorite of mine. I would love to have a beer with john fogerty.

Last edited by CMD; 03-01-2019, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cskelton
    replied
    CCR is a favorite of mine. I would love to have a beer with john fogerty.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    Always loved his stuff, and his voice. No mistaking that voice for anyone else's!

• CMD
    replied
    And another tune from the night Dylan went electric. He played this just prior to Like a Rolling Stone. It was a fairly short set, I'm sure he did not like the boos, but he did return for some acoustic tunes, but a short, short set under the circumstances, given the Newport Folk Festival was, and still is, one of the premier music festivals in the world, and given his stature as a star....

Last edited by CMD; 03-01-2019, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• chase
    replied
    Roy Orbison and this all-star cast of friends (Bruce Springsteen, k.d. lang, Elvis Costello and more) perform Roy's "Only The Lonely," recorded on the Monume...

Leave a comment:

• chase
    replied
    Roy Orbison and this all-star cast of friends (Bruce Springsteen, k.d. lang, Elvis Costello and more) perform Roy's "Only The Lonely," recorded on the Monume...

Leave a comment:

• chase
    replied
    Mercedes BenzJanis Joplin1970Paroles et traduction de Mercedes BenzMercedes Benz (Mercedes Benz)Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?Oh Seigneur, tu vo...

Leave a comment:

• chase
    replied
    Mercedes BenzJanis Joplin1970Paroles et traduction de Mercedes BenzMercedes Benz (Mercedes Benz)Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?Oh Seigneur, tu vo...

Leave a comment:

• redrocks
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Charlie. Awesome tunes

• CMD
    replied
    And I was in the audience for this performance. Summer of 65, Newport Folk Festival. Bob Dylan goes electric for the first time. My cousin and I didn't understand the boos. I loved Dylan the folk singer. But I liked this Dylan too, and Like a Rolling Stone was a huge hit. Some say the boos were because he went electric. The guitar went for big bucks a few years ago. Some say the boos were for a poor sound system. It's usually singled out as the most important moment in the development of rock and roll music. Well, we didn't know that then, but hey, I was there!

Here's what happened 50 years ago, when the folk music legend turned rock

Last edited by CMD; 02-28-2019, 11:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Originally posted by redrocks View Post
    Van Morrison

Added 3/2, Moondance Live. Thanks for bringing Van Morrison up, Red.

Last edited by CMD; 03-03-2019, 11:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• redrocks
    commented on 's reply
    Wow Jimi Hendrix...you helped on the best guitarist of all time!!!! Now I want your autograph. ...wow Tam

• Tam
    commented on 's reply
    Ok Red this will date me . My GF helped on Jimmy Hendrix shows and would drag me along . We even did the light on him one night . Did not have a clue what we were doing but the lighting guy took off and said here . WAIT WHAT
Working...
X