Your favorite music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite music

I thought it'd be cool to post a few of my favorite songs. (Don't worry, it's good stuff.) Y'all can post your favorites too. And dare I say, it will be a judgement free zone. If you like Ariana Grande stuff, Iron Unicorn stuff, or Andre Reiu stuff, that's your thing.

Here's my thing. :-)

This one will kick it off. This should bring back some memories for ya!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

i love classic rock,pretty much anything from the 60's through the 80's
    hair bands are by far my favorite
    but AC/DC is the top of the rock pile for me

Comment

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
      N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Bruce is Awesome, I have posted His Stuff Here year's ago.

Last edited by JoshinMO; 02-25-2019, 08:41 AM.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Ahh, I am in Tarrytown, N.Y., dancing round pool….

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	352927 I'm still a DeadHead but I like Phish, too. All 60's- '80s, mostly 70's. Lost track of musicians after Talking Heads time. I'm stuck on that music from my younger days. I have no idea who the new bands/performers are. lolol
        Professor Shellman
        Tampa Bay

Comment

• Tam
          Tam commented
          Editing a comment
          Me to the oldies station is my first . Also I love the Beatles .

• Hi-Lo
          Hi-Lo commented
          Editing a comment
          Saw the Dead in 84 at Pine Knob in Mich. Changed my musical perspective.

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw the Dead Atlanta Fox Theater mid-7Os. O, Jerry…. And Tom, I shoulda known you knew the Talking Heads. I hear them, and I’m back in the Bronx on way to work….

Well, mine comes with a story, so my apologies in advance. What else is new.

In the Summer of 1967, while awaiting my junior year in college, my best friend picked up "The Songs of Leonard Cohen", his first release, he was a poet from Canada, and this was his first effort at translating his work as music, as well as poetry. We played it every day.

I lost track of Cohen after that. Until 2009, when surfing the TV, I came across some old guy and his band. I lingered. At one point my wife looked up from the computer and said "who IS that guy? He's terrific!" I answered, "I have no idea, but I am not changing this station!" It was a PBS fundraiser, and when I found out during the break that it was a tape of "Leonard Cohen Live in London", I just about fell out of my seat. I had no idea that he had gone on to such an acclaimed career, Bob Dylan himself considered him an equal as a songwriter. I bought that CD and DVD, of that concert, the next day. He passed a couple of years ago, and toured late in his life only because, while he resided in a Buddhist monastery in California for a few years, and was ordained as a Buddhist priest, his manager somehow stole his life savings. Had he not returned to the tour, I would never have rediscovered him.

One of my favorites, from 1988. His taste in female vocalists, he always included them, and his taste in musicians, was impeccable. The violin in this piece melts my heart, I love stringed instruments!

And from that London concert, I believe 2008, and a song made famous by so many other singers. He wrote it, and, as always, he put together an impeccable ensemble for this tour....

Lastly, the song from his first album, that launched the career of the man many consider the most gifted songwriter of my generation, but a song that it took Judy Collins's cover to make famous. "Suzanne":

Last edited by CMD; 02-26-2019, 06:03 PM.
        Rhode Island

Comment

Last edited by JoshinMO; 02-25-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Yep, AC-DC and Grateful Dead is are (still) good!

Pearl Jam covered this

But this is original I believe
            Last edited by JoshinMO; 02-25-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Tam
              Tam commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup how can you not relax to a good country western song .

This tune always brings up ghosts for me..
            Ramblin Jack Elliot- 912 Greens (did you ever stand beside a river and shiver)

A great Leonard Cohen song by Judy Collins

Cohen had three of his songs in the 1971 movie 'McCabe And Mrs. Miller'

Last edited by Olden; 02-25-2019, 08:54 PM.
            If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              First one is nice.

Here Ya go Josh

Last edited by Olden; 02-25-2019, 09:04 PM.
            If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

• JoshinMO
              JoshinMO commented
              Editing a comment
              Ha, Thanks

Last edited by JoshinMO; 02-25-2019, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Comment

Livin' on a prayer

Comment

Don't stop believing

Comment

Welcome to the jungle.

This is about as rebel as I get.

Comment

Working...
                X