'TumbleWeed'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'TumbleWeed'

Native American artist Bill Miller. I enjoy listening to his music while walking fields, thought I would share this tune..........
    Bill Miller- vocal, acoustic guitar, flute, with:Dave Hoffner- keyboardsSam Bacco- percussionBilly Linneman- bass"Tumbleweed" written by Bill Miller and Pete...
    Rhode Island

Pretty good music.
    Jack

Comment

Great tunes Charlie like his music. When I walk I love the peace and quite, just the birds and the sound of the water. Oh and of course me talking to myself but nobody hears but me!
      Joe.

Comment

I hear you Joe but most times I can't make out what you a sayin so I just say YEP and keep on walkin  :laugh:       Also liked the tune think I will check you tube for some more of him. Thanks

Comment

Nice Charlie, I can see myself sitting on a mesa as the sun sets behind me, looking out across a valley and cursing the white man!
          More like Joe myself though, find myself wandering aimlessly in open fields mumbling to myself.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks Charlie great share!
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Well, I'm no different guys, spend alot of time talking and singing to myself while scanning the ground
              Bill Miller won a grammy in 2005 for best Native American Album. I think he won a grammy in 2009 as well.
              Here's another you might enjoy:
              Bill Miller singing Ghost Dance at the Big Top in Bayfield, WI. GLIFWC 25th Anniversary celebration!

Rhode Island

Comment

Fell in love on the first note

Comment

Charlie...what happened to Reservation Road???

Comment

roustabout149 wrote:

Charlie...what happened to Reservation Road???
                      Woops.......Sorry, Pam. I put up Ghost Dance in its' place. I must think I'm a disc jockey now :silly: Here ya go.
                    Bill Miller- vocals, flute, & guitarDave Hoffner- keyboardsSam Bacco- percussionHans Meyer- bassRecorded in Nashville, 1993More info at:www.BillMiller.cowww....

Rhode Island

Comment

Pam, as long as I'm playing disc jockey, here's a couple more nice tunes by Bill Miller.
                      "You are the Rain"
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"Blind Faith"
                      Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Rhode Island

Comment

The music and lyrics overwhelm me, Charlie.  Beautiful.  Touches my heart.
                        PEACE OF MIND
                        The air is thick, my heart is heavy.
                        Each breath is thin and raspy.
                        Emotions overcome my thoughts, as i struggle to think clearly.
                        Losing control of ones self, is terribly disturbing.
                        What one needs at times like these, is constant re-assuring;
                        "That each and everyone of us is desperate at times.  The strong,
                        the weak, the rich, the poor, we're all in need of peace of mind."
                        There is no cure for this frame of mind; an impossibility to achieve.
                        The closest I have come thus far, is the power to believe---
                        That anything is possible; until you choose it not to be.
                        Ironically, this was written just months before I lived a dream and my family lived a nightmare.  Sorry, Charlie.  Didn't mean to put a damper on your thread.  He's the rain, I'm the flood.  Flooding as I type.  Hope nobody drowns.  :blush:
                        Pam

Comment

Nah, Pam, you didn't put a damper on my thread. I like your turn of words, even though it speaks of a difficult time. Writing is theraputic, and there's truth in what you wrote. Peace of mind can be hard to come by in these our troubled times. May we all find peace of mind......
                          Charlie
                          P.S. Pam, here's a place to listen. I recommend #4, Underneath the Blue Sky, and #39, Calling the Rain.

Rhode Island

Comment

Like the music, thanks for the leads. I was just listening to the (2001 Space Odyssey) on you tube. Anyone else like those movie's? Books are good too.

Comment

Dandielyonwine wrote:

Like the music, thanks for the leads. I was just listening to the (2001 Space Odyssey) on you tube. Anyone else like those movie's? Books are good too.
                                Absolutely, first one is one of my all time favorites. Still a great flick........
                              Almost forgot, only read the first book, but loved Arthur C. Clarke in general. "Childhood's End" was a favorite of mine.
                              Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                              X