Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of my photographs

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Some beautiful country up that way Kentucky. Starting to look like Northern VA around here lately. Might have to fly the coop one of these days.
    keep on keepin after

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Northern Virginia was where I was born! I'm a Virginian, and man, I'd love to go back to live there.

• PointHound
      PointHound commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't know if you are familiar with Spotsylvania? I have been here all my life and it isn't what it used to be. I meant the development and population.

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. I've seen it once. My gggreat uncles fought there in the Civil War too. I was born in Charlotesville, and lived in Culpeper. Culpeper is a beautiful place.

Great pics, KP

True, the countryside out your way is very photogenic, but it still takes an eye to catch it.

California

Comment

• Kentucky point
      Kentucky point commented
      Editing a comment
      Some of those photos were taken in Pennsylvania. Most of them are Kentuckian though. I should really take my camera to Virginia, or whatever state they'll decide to call it next time I go. It's beautiful country out there, that I'd say rivals that of Kentucky.

Your talented beyond your years Ethan .
    The music was a great compliment to your just absolutely breathtaking work .
    Book ....

Comment

Wow..........just.......wow
      Keep it up!

Comment

Ive just watch 3 times in a row.
        That pic of the lightening is my favorite. I remember seeing some of that topic, you made earlier.
        rainbows, to start the show, are always a favorite.
        that horse with the black spots, is a great subject.
        Its so lush there. I like the trees starting to turn colors. Fall is here.
        your civil war interest and knowledge translates to me β€œ love for our country”.
        what are your plans for college? Air force academy or coast guard academy? Flying fighter jets or helicopters and then engineering and improving the most technical systems there are.
        Dont just dream big, do big...
        N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          I've decided against college, and instead will be applying for a job at Norfolk Southern Railway. However, Military service is not off my list, and the Army or Marines would be my way to go. I don't have the eyesight for airplanes.

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          My dad Air Force, not a pilot so glasses ok. (They kinda funny about weight and tattoos, tho!). Not Navy, either?
          Last edited by Cecilia; 09-24-2020, 10:43 AM.

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          I almost puked over the side the last time I got onto a bass boat. Nope! Navy not for me! Army is more my speed, and I've had ancestors serve proudly and heroically in the army.

Good deal. Im just encouraging you to keep up the good work. Don’t settle for second best.
        N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

is that barn on your property? it's gorgeous.....love the fog photos. photography is a hobby of mine as well.......playing with light and lightening are particular favorites. my main thing is documenting old buildings and things before they are lost to time. some things, you just can't get back when they're gone.

if i were to give any (unsolicited) advice, it's only to be true to yourself, and don't live your life for anyone else.

here are a couple of mine.....
          Last edited by LithicLady; 09-21-2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Kentucky point
            Kentucky point commented
            Editing a comment
            Very nice photos!

Yes, the barn is ours. It is a classic Kentucky Tobacco Barn, built in 1953 by C. Byrd and his father. C. Byrd is still alive, and is our next door neighbor.

It originally hung tobacco, but when tobacco wouldn't grow anymore due to poor farming practices, it housed cattle and hogs. Now it's our storage area.

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            Very, very cool !

Originally posted by Johnsmith931 View Post
          Please help me identify some of these???
          try starting a new post on this other page. more people will see it and be able to help you.
          Not sure what you found (or bought)? Post some good sharp pictures here and get the opinions of other collectors!

Comment

• Hoss
            Hoss commented
            Editing a comment
            I moved them thank you for offering the suggestion and link to the new member.

Those are some fantastic photos KP, each and every one of them. Thanks for sharing πŸ‘
          🐜 🎀 SW Georgia

Comment

Working...
          X