Nice Kitty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Kitty!

This happened in Utah this past weekend. The extreme profanity in the Instagram copy has been edited out. The guy never turned his back on the cat. Probably a good thing he did not. The actual start of the clip is a few seconds in, after the guy first spots the two cubs in the road. He was out for a run....

Rhode Island

That ain't your normal lap cat...
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

I laughed a lot, once I he realized he wasn’t going to die,

😂😂😂
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        I know. Nice kitty? Dude? Lol, who calls a cougar dude? I thought he kept his head pretty good, though.

That going to make me start carrying again I hike out in the woods on a regular routine . I carry a big walking stick my whacking stick we have had livestock killed a number of times by mountain lions and have Bear also but no problems from them so far .

Comment

I came across a wildcat once while yakking when I got out to take a break and rest. They aren't real tall but it looked like a pitbull on steroids. Needless to say my first chance I jumped back in my yak and didn't stop until I got back to my truck and never went back.
        NW Georgia,

Comment

he did pretty much the right thing by not running
          Wyoming

Comment

• CMD
            CMD commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, for sure you do not want to act the part of prey, lol...

So, I guess throwing a rock at it was the right thing to do. Up to that point the cat looked dead set determined. Wonder if he needed to do some laundry when he got home?
          South Carolina

Comment

This same thing happened to me when I was shed horn hunting., some years ago... Female with two full sized yearling kittens she was teaching to hunt. thought I would be a good meal. I changed their mind, but it was nip and tuck for a second or two.
            Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

He handled it better than alot would, most people would get in panic mode and run and most likely that video would've been cut short. I had a incident with wild boars a few times but luckily I detected them pretty quickly at a distance and when I heard the grunting I was able to step out onto open ground.
              🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

While watching the video I must have said "throw rocks" about a hundred times. You couldn't ask for a better supply of rocks. The bluff charges were meant to get him to run. When a big shepherd attacked I pretended to pick up a rock and that stopped him. He circled and I faced him with the pretend rock raised. The owner ran up more scared than I was. You can expect something like this in the wild but why people keep dangerous animals as pets is beyond me.
                Michigan Yooper
                If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• CMD
                  CMD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He may have not survived:

“In that situation, with that mother mountain lion who’s being very protective, as you can tell, I would not take my eyes off of her and I wouldn’t bend down,” Root said. “You want to remain large and you want to remain making a lot of noise. And that’s what he did.”

Root said “the second you drop to be lower, that could trigger a response of attack. Even though I don’t think she was out to get him, she wanted to make sure he was not in that area.”

• Ron Kelley
                  Ron Kelley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Think what you must. I could kill that cat with a rock.

Me too, and get another in off hand.
                this is THE only time I will call a random rock specimen a “hammer stone”
                and pocket that phone and get ready to fight. Just tell me the story, Ill believe you.
                Last edited by Fat; 10-12-2020, 11:46 PM.
                N.E Colorado, Nebraska panhandle

Comment

• CMD
                  CMD commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wildlife officials said if you drop down to pick up a rock, you make yourself smaller, and that can very well trigger the attack. They said he did everything right....

• Fat
                  Fat commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thats all well and good, you fight there way and Ill do it my way.
                  I like to trap bobcats. I harvest the Toms and the old Queens and release anything I think is kitten-ish. That also teaches the kitty of “one”place not to step again, making me improve my technique and sets.
                  I have caught and released 2 young queen lions, with help.
                  With My life experiences I have found that in a fight, all beasts second guess themselves when there nose is smashed and they quit bitting when I keep shoving my hand down there throat.
                  Last edited by Fat; 10-13-2020, 01:35 PM.

“Bad” day on the trail... he did it right.
                most woulda been dinner....nice kitty.
                Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

So six solid minutes of defense? As some point about the two minute mark...i would have relied on my punting skills! Mountain lion season...what's that?
                  North Carolina

Comment

Intense ! Some how I don’t think wearing a halloween mask backward would of worked, like the people in India ..
                    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Great video. I'm amazed at the speed of the animal when it bluff charges. Those paws flick out and down in a split second. No way to defend that if it's right on top of you. I once was in open water with a shark. Slapped my hand down in the water. It shot off at unbelievable speed, luckily away from me. Had it done that towards me...no chance.
                      Central Ohio

Comment

Working...
                      X