Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road

This is the latest episode of the PBS series, American Masters. It is a look at the life of Brian Wilson, the creative force behind The Beach Boys. You’ll likely need to find the episode on whatever television station is local to your viewing area. This link is to the series as seen on WGBH, in Boston. The link to the video is good until July 6th, so a limited window without a PBS subscription.

Anyway, the wife and I had no idea about his struggles with mental illness, or frankly, just what a musical genius he actually is. I liked The Beach Boys at the time, but did not follow his solo career at all. The film consists of Wilson driving around California reminiscing with his close friend, an editor at Rolling Stone. Can’t recommend this episode highly enough.

https://www.pbs.org/video/brian-wils...d-road-wydgom/

Official trailer:

Last edited by CMD; 06-18-2022, 07:03 AM.
    Rhode Island

Last edited by CMD; 06-18-2022, 06:52 AM.
    Rhode Island

Comment

Many have considered him and the Beach Boys as America's answer to the Beatles and many consider him as where much of the Beatles inspiration came from.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• CMD
        CMD commented
        Editing a comment
        We were unfamiliar with his life story. Seems like a sensitive soul, and he’s a survivor.

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes.

He certainly had his own demons. I think I read where Charlie Manson tried to get him sing songs he wrote.

Looks good thanks
      Location - Eastern Massachu

Comment

Working...
      X