Our finds from the last few days.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our finds from the last few days.

Here's a few of our finds from the last few days. Can you help me put names to them. Check back in with ya'll later tonight...heading to the field to find me a clovis or something!
    jane

looks to me like 3 Turkeytails (1 broken) and a Big Sandy and a scraper point not sure of the type.  It is cousindan though...so I could be WAY off..lol!

Comment

Daniel,
      Here's hopefully a better pic. Got hubby to take one for me. LOL I just cannot take a good pic.
      Maybe you'll be able to see them a little better. The 1st one is what I believe to be a . knife. I posted it on another thread, don't know if you saw it or not. It's bowed or concave the full length of the blade.
      jane

Comment

That one Dan thought could be morrow mountain, same with the smaller stemmed point. Not sure on the little side notch, flaking dont look like big sandy? A good couple of days!

Comment

OOPS, the one Dan thought was a turkeytail!

Comment

Thanks Mark -and- Daniel for taking a look -and- helping me id these.
            The 1st piece shown in the last pic I posted is becoming one of my favs....it is so thin and slightly curved and still super, super sharp after all these years.
            The last point on the bottom row of the same pic... is made out of the same brown material as the one I refer to as a knife. It reminds me of what a friend of mine calls a snapped base blade.
            We found some really neat pieces on our walk about yesterday.  I'll post pics as soon as I can.
            Some of the newer fields that we have permission to hunt, are proving to be very productive this year...probably due to all the heavy rains we've had this year.
            This farm is huge! We'll never be able to hunt it, like it should be hunted before the crops get too big...but here's the best part of all....the farmer chisel plowed it! OMG...the hunt is on!
            jane 

Comment

Nice finds.
              Jack

Comment

I swear! I have written this message twice and deleted it by mistake both times. OK...here we go again....
                Do you guys think this one could be a broken knife or is this the one you all think is a broken turkeytail?
                Is a knife only sharpened/worked on one side/edge?
                jane

Comment

Jane
                  No way for me to tell without the base.
                  Jack

Comment

I thought that was the base???? Is it not?
                      jane

Comment

Working...
                    X