Paleo? Maybe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paleo? Maybe.

I found this in a bluff shelter in Dekalb Co. AL. It's pretty thin and highly translucent, however it does not have basal grinding. Any help? (A HEARTBREAKER I know)

Looking in the books it appears taht this is an Angostura base, late Archaic (9000/8000 BP) hard to tell with whats missing but appears to match the flaking. Hope this helps a little, Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill. That was defintely one of my thoughts as well. It's just too bad that the tip wasn't there though. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

It sure is a pretty material, almost looks like they might have worked the now broken part down in width to go into a drill form now that I really observe the pic under the light, it looks stepped down so to speak. Neat none the less, some of my broken artifacts I have found are more intriguing then the stuff that I find complete sometimes. Man we have a great hobby.

Comment

It is definitely a possibility that it could be Paleo. I have observed a beautiful Redstone point that had the tip area sharpened down into a drill form. This piece closely resembles that, aside from the broken tip area. Heartbreaker!!

Comment

Working...
          X