Way Cool Flint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way Cool Flint

Shaped like an arrowhead, (well not really), but kinda'.  Possibly, flakes removed.  Strange material and can not see that it's been worked.  It's just really cool, and here it is! 
    The photo makes it look short.  It's actually longer than it appears.  Hmmmmm  Must be my photography.  I'm adding another photo to see what happens.  I still think it looks short.  It must just be the curviture in the flint.

Hey Pam, I really like the little patch of crystals.
    Butch

Comment

I made a drill from some material just like this!  Probably the same formation.  Very pretty material.

Comment

buildsthefire wrote:

I made a drill from some material just like this!  Probably the same formation.  Very pretty material.
          What made you decide to take up flint knapping?  You wanted to follow the Native American tradition?  I don't think I would be able to knap.  I have a lot of patience, but not gifted with artistic talent.  My sister and my daughter got it all!

Comment

Butch Wilson wrote:

Hey Pam, I really like the little patch of crystals.
          Butch
            Thanks, Butch.  Picture doesn't do them justice!  Due to the formation of the rock itself, almost as if to say, "Here.  You can have it!"  So, I took it!
          Have a safe Holiday weekend!
          Pam

Comment

Way cool litic material, Pam! Keep up the hunt and have a safe and fun 4th of July!-Kenny

Comment

Looks like a core to me

Comment

Working...
              X