Does not appear to be worked...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does not appear to be worked...

This 'point' was in the collection I found, and it is the only one that really looks like it may be a natural rock, in the shape of an arrowhead. Thoughts?  Sorry about the picture quailty. Shannon

No pic at all Shannons.....lol......that will make this a little harder! :laugh:
    Some lithic materials don't show flake scars as well as others and here in the Northeast we have an abundance of poor lithic material that was used out of necessity....quartz and argolite(sp.) come to mind off the top of my head. These materials also degrade at a rapid rate which may result in not seeing the actual scars on them.....look instead for overall shape, location found in association to other artifacts and other subtle clues such as thinned edges or base......hope some of this helps.
    Southern Connecticut

Comment

I would love to know where that picture went! lol.  Here is the link to all the details.  REally bad lighting, i will try again when i replace the camersa. This point I am referring to is the last three photos.
      Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Agree with ya! the rest are nice!

Comment

Working...
        X