Guilford County NC find?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilford County NC find?

This is a point I found in my neighbors garden in Guilford county NC when I was a kid. I'm sure it's NC rhyolite and have it narrowed down but still don't know exactly what it is? The point is 2.5" long and 1.5" wide. I'm thinking it could be a small Savanna River, Stanley Stemmed or Kirk stemmed? What do you guys think? ​

Von
    Last edited by Von; 11-06-2016, 04:39 PM.

Hi Von I have always wanted to find a guilford county. My wife is from High Point so I spend some time there. Nice find I am giving a guess of small Savannah River.
    N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

Originally posted by Sugaree View Post
      Hi Von I have always wanted to find a guilford county. My wife is from High Point so I spend some time there. Nice find I am giving a guess of small Savannah River.
      ​High Point is where I grew up and this point was found on the south side of town.

​I have some Savanna River points and it does look similar but the straight edges?

Von

Comment

Nice!
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I would go with Savannah River too. Nice looking point. Small world huh guys? You two might even know each other from around town but not by name.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Nice find. Savannah River is OK by me.

Comment

This point is the best of the finds I have left from the area I grew up in along Richland Creek. I'm going to start another thread showing some of the other finds I have from the area. I wish I had everything but a girlfriend from the distant past decided she wanted them and it was a small price to pay to get rid of her. I had a bunch of nice pottery shards, Guilford's and Triangle points that I'll never see again along with some gold nuggets from New London NC.

It stinks but in hind sight I got out cheap so it's okay!

​Von
              Last edited by Von; 11-07-2016, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugaree View Post
                ​What part of High Point did she grow up in? If you guys are in your late 40's or early 50's we may know each other or would certainly know people.

Von

Comment

She grew up in the old Emerywood area. She is 35 Ottary Rd. I grew up in Charlotte and mostly hunt just south of there. I live in Asheville now and have a few spots to look around here. Seems like everybody knows another in high point so I'm sure there is a connection.?cant wait to see the artifacts.
                  N.C. from the mountains to the sea

Comment

hey Von, these are some i found just south of the Guilford co line in Level Cross, the bigger one i think is a savanna river, several of the others are guilford points, most of mine look to be the same material as yours........................yes it is a small world.

Comment

No doubt there's a lot of rhyolite points around the area. My great Aunt lived between Level Cross and Randleman and I wish I had looked around her farm more back in the day. I use to small game hunt there and looked around some but never found a point.

Von

Comment

i used to live at level cross i live in randleman now. i found all these in my garden at level cross which were alot for a small garden and i found several more just not as nice...the old guy i was renting from told me he had several loads of top soil added to the garden from next door where they were moving dirt, that kinda explains why there was more than normal , needless to say i tilled the garden very often....i thought you would enjoy seeing the points from the area................ yes its a small world

Comment

Working...
                        X