Back in the Broken Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the Broken Box

Hey ya'll - I'm still going through my box of broken or junk pieces. I'll quite here in a bit. Anyway - I came across this mysterious thing and thought ya'll might have some ideas - and - don't tell me it's just a rock. Wild guess is a multi-tool or repurposed point or drill/scraper. That just about covers the gamut. Opinions please. ...Chuck

Click image for larger version

Name:	scraper4.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	235419Click image for larger version

Name:	scraper3.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	235418Click image for larger version

Name:	scraper1.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	235417Click image for larger version

Name:	scraper2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	235416
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Definitely a multi-tool. I think the thicker end was used as an adz or gouge. The pointed end could have been hafted into a wood or bone handle or even used as a perforator / drill.

Comment

A little crude but still a nice Artifact/would make my day. First thought was Knife but Cb put more thought in it.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Just a rock. Kidding. Definitely some type of tool. Could see it being a cutting tool or even something to make holes.

Comment

You forgot boomerang Chuck. Because you obviously keep going back to it trying to figure it out.
          In all seriousness though that is a dandy find.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

I wonder if that hole goes all the way though and is just plugged with gravel? Nice multi tool. I would frame that. It is a cool piece. Piece that will keep you thinking for sure.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Hoss - the hole goes all the way through. I used a sewing needle and was able to pull it all the way through after I cleared all the sand out. Thanks for the suggestion. Some kind of mal-formation in the rock I guess.

• Hoss
              Hoss commented
              Editing a comment
              Cool I know a guy who collects points with holes like that.

• Scorpion68
              Scorpion68 commented
              Editing a comment
              Would that be anybody we know???

Hey Chuck, That's an interesting tool. I think Alan has it right. The wide end did the work and it was hafted in a socketed handle.
            Michigan Yooper
            If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Working...
            X