Geo Fact?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geo Fact?

I found this in the yard of an older home that was having some resurfacing done to the acreage. It is about 2mm thick and very smooth all the way around. hmmm????

From that pic with that background it is very hard to make any kind of call on that piece. Try outdoor light and a more contrasting backdrop and show the edges of the piece...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

I agree, you should show more pics with better clarity to make any determination. The shape doesn't suggest an artifact to me.
      South Dakota

Comment

The symmetry does suggest artifact? The pic suggest it needs clear pics. Right now I am going with Geo-fuzzy.
        Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Wow sorry I couldn't get back sooner! Thank you all so much! Until I can get more pictures I would say to you all that it is a thin piece.3-4mm thick. Perhaps 2 1/2 "Quarter dollars long, 1 Quarter dollar wide. I will take some pics with a Quarter dollar for scale as it is potentially my first find. It looks like grayish granite perhaps??? It is completely smooth like it was in a riverbed or perhaps a "rock polisher" I don't know. It has no signs of knapping.

Comment

Working...
          X