Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S Georgia timber field

S Georgia plowed timber field .

Nice, imagine there's more to come from There.
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks josh , yeah that place is a giver . I have a bowl of chips that are so pretty . It's that Dalton I wish my phone could pic up the long knaps .
      its not like those fancy creek finds but none the less it's amazing . I think it's a chatahotchee ( sp) when I goggle it . That river is just up North .

Comment

• JoshinMO
        JoshinMO commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear it's hot up by that River. Ha

Nice little stemmed point.
      South Dakota

Comment

I'm partial to the fluted gem.
        Child of the tides

Comment

Wish your pics were in better focus, especially the one you are calling a Dalton. It is so fuzzy that I will just have to take your word for it. Can't tell whether it is a flute or a thinning flake. Daltons with fluted bases are rare as compared to non fluted bases or ones that are heavily thinned.

Comment

Joe I agree . It's like a mustash with what looks like long carving marks to make it smooth . The other end is chipped as is the tip . There is a perfect
            notched area for a shaft ? I'll get a better pic.
            This is from a multi generational camp. I have found Early Archaic to Mississippian there so this was a shock . Just got plowed for timber .

Comment

Child of tides , I agree I have all stemmed points and this is so different . If you look at the bottom it's a perfect cut out area for the shaft . It's so different in concept .
              Wish I could get a better pic , but the mustache flute is so soft it feels like it was polished . You can see the lines though where they did it .
              T

Comment

Working...
              X