What are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these?

I'm new to the site. Any information is appreciated. Found these yesterday while working in the field. It's a different material than I've seen before.

Welcome to the site Scott. That looks like pieces of Indiana Green (Attica ) chert that are blanks or preforms that may be made into tools or points. Finding these means there is more to find in that field and probably old.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey Scott - welcome aboard. Nice material ya got there. I was thinking along the lines of what Greg said. By the way- when you post an artifact like these, it would help if you posted pics of both sides. Sometimes the other side can tell more of the story and help with identification. Nice finds though - I'd do like Greg says and keep looking in that field.both
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Welcome, and keep hunting that spot. Looks like a little edge work on the right piece, on its lower left corner.
        South Dakota

Comment

Looks like Indiana Green as what Greg said. What state and county was it found in don't need details, but will help with ID of chert.
          BTW welcome to AH.com
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thanks for the help. When I get back home I will take some other pictures and post them. Found them on one of our farms in northern Iroquois County, Illinois with some points.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottD View Post
              Thanks for the help. When I get back home I will take some other pictures and post them. Found them on one of our farms in northern Iroquois County, Illinois with some points.
              We like to look at points too...🤓
              Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Lets see the points too. Thanks for sharing
                TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

An Uno card and what looks like Walnut table. JK nice chert
                  پححعظ شاهبيل

Comment

Welcome from southwestern Ontario.
                    Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                    X