Amature curiosities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amature curiosities

Yes some of these are grasping at straws. I'd rather be sure though. Possible scrapers and various. The long one is really cool, broken tip, whatever it is, a rock I reckon. Please let me know if any of these are possibles other than the one that I have singled out. Thanx!

Hey Flynn, I don't see any evidence of artifacts. Please let me share a simple uniface knife and a simple scraper to explain what to look for. I am a flintknapper and I love the ancients work.

Do you see the pressure flaking on the edge of the uniface knife? That's about as simple as an artifact gets. I show several views of the end scraper which is much more refined than a flake knife.

Click image for larger version

Name:	one.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	256113Click image for larger version

Name:	Two.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	256114Click image for larger version

Name:	Three.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	256115
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• Flynn
      Flynn commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you do these yourself? Beautiful! I have a lot of flint. My son in law brings pieces in and I find a lot of small flakes aound here. Sorry for such a delay. I take great pleasure in keeping my BP up with all of the hobbies and such that I do, I actually forget what I am doing 3/4 of the time.

• Ron Kelley
      Ron Kelley commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Flynn, The two that I showed here are ancient artifacts.

I do see. Very nice. I looked up a lot and some did reseamble these but of course I wan't sure. The piece im holding is a piece of flint and it may just be a pressure flake with knapped edging. Thank you very much.

Comment

That looks like a detached flake from percussion flaking to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Taterman421 View Post
        That looks like a detached flake from percussion flaking to me.
        That may have bean what it started off as but they did a little touch up and now we have a thumb scrapper :-)
        As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
        NW Arkansas

Comment

Hey Flynn , that big long one in the first pic , did you flip them over for the second pic . The first pic looks like the long one has long strikes on it I can't tell

Comment

Flynn , it looks like you flipped them over
            correct ? If the long blade/ knife like one had strikes in it take a pic of that . They might have done answers if it has long strikes ..

Comment

• Flynn
              Flynn commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes, I'm sorry for the delay. I wanted the flip side shown also.

The tip is evidently broke off. You can see what looks like old vegetation on it,

Comment

Looks natural to me. Stare at a rock long enough & you can turn nature's wonders into something manmade. Just mho...
              Child of the tides

Comment

• Flynn
                Flynn commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what I was wondering. It looked just odd enough though. I see a lot that people say/claim that are really native and maybe, I may not see it at all but I would rather question than drop it.
            Working...
            X