Wondering about this for some time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wondering about this for some time

This was upside down in a creek on the ranch.

IMO it's natural with no human modification ...
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

That is a cool looking rock.
      Either that or you have found evidence that the indigenous peoples invented hockey a long time ago.
      This does look like the lower half of a hockey puck mold. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30182.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	316.9 KB
ID:	257901
      Last edited by 2ndoldman; 07-29-2017, 10:33 PM.
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

• Scorpion68
        Scorpion68 commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that's one I would have never guessed.

The pics don't really show it but that light oval is about an inch deep and there are pecking marks covering most of it. But If it is a geofact, does anyone know what would cause the egg shaped indent and collar around it

Comment

• 2ndoldman
        2ndoldman commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry but I have no idea what might have caused this to be formed.
        Jess aka Bone2stone might.

That's almost a perfect circle? I guess it could just be a rock but I think it was made for something? I have a chunk of saopstone with holes drilled in it and it's clear it was bored out with sand and sticks. There's no telling what it was used for? I have been told by a reliable authenticator it is an artifact. For what it was used, who knows? I think you have a similar item. Maybe someone else will chim in with more info?

Von

Last edited by Von; 07-30-2017, 12:37 PM.

Comment

How hard is it? DO you feel it is basalt or maybe sandstone? If it is sandstone it is just a concretion. Concretions can take on some very cool and interesting shapes. If it is basalt then perhaps it was a lava bomb that was formed in a way I am not positive of but perhaps while still in a plastic stage while flying it could have landed in water causing that hollow in the back. I could be wrong I am not a geologist.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Eyesdown
          Eyesdown commented
          Editing a comment
          I feel it's basalt. I wouldn't say sandstone and it is quite hard. It's not the most common rock type around my parts but I do have a few pestels made from it and one mortar/basket hopper

That's a native 'merkin tater smasher.

for making smashed taters, you know...like they made for the pilgrims on thanksgiving. That where we get the traditional thanksgiving mashed taters from.
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Working...
        X