New point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New point?

Got kicked off the first post about my story .
    1 bar

This is a great story I want to share . We went out today to put corn in the deer feeders and check the
    trail cams . I put on my snake boots and was standing in the back of the SUV . Looking down I saw a chert flake the size of a pea . A PEA . Well I start kicking the dirt really getting ready to leave . Well it gets bigger and bigger hmmmm get down on my hands and knees and start going around it saying boy this is a big chip but it starts to have a pine shape to it . Wayne is like let's go it's a rock ..hmmm bring me a knife . Then this pops up . Don't scold me I had the shakes and got excited I know I should have carefully gone around it . I did with my fingers. CRYING SHAME , the tip is off
    GREAT. Best base I have ever found .

Comment

No pick....but kicking the ground made me 😩 nervous! Looking forward to seeing the picture.

Comment

Sorry out in the country keep getting kicked off
        i have 1 bar . Yeah I see so many flakes I was just waiting and kicking . Wow lesson learned you never ever know no matter how many chips you see . Everyone knows I collect jars of them
        yep I was kicking myself for thst after the find

Comment

Congrats Tam.
          Here are the best three of your pictures.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30420.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	599.3 KB
ID:	258623Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30419.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	258624 You must really have had the shakes.
          Because once you got home most of your pictures were fuzzy. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_30418.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	258625
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

That's what I am talking about !!!! Love the unexpected finds !!! They r best of all ... nice point tip or not !! Congrats !!
            As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
            NW Arkansas

Comment

Sweet point! Perseverance on a glimpse of chert pays off. Congrats.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I had so much fun finding this and the lithic is really nice I don't really care what it is but
                do any of you have an idea what it could be . Sorry I only had a 40 cal clip for size I will get better stuff up and my other finds .
                oh man that was a great experience . I am so happy to be part of this family .

Comment

Hi Tam. It looks like a McIntire to me and its probable use was as a knife blade. McIntires are thought by the pro archies to be from the late Archaic era. Stemmed points from the late Archaic to early Woodland can be confusing for a number of reasons so when I first saw your point two or three types came to mind. One online source that I often use to help me make a quick ID if it is not obvious to me (projectilepoints.net) says that the distribution of McIntire is more to the Tenn. River valley. As sometimes is the case I think they are wrong on their distributional maps and also for some of the photo examples that they use for types.In this case the pp.net folks have it wrong for distribution but for the most part are correct on their photo examples. The Peach State Archeological Society has a website and part of it is reserved for artifact ID. They show McIntires as being found in Georgia most frequently along counties in the Fall Line area. That source specifically mentions Taylor County which I think may be near the area where you told us that you are now working. The Peach State source photo examples look much like yours. I had 37 positively IDed McIntires in my old collection. I think I still have one which I posted a couple of years ago in a thread I started.

Comment

Thank you Joe I will look that up . I am going to post a point / blade my friend found . He wants your advice . I'll get it on we are so limited to
                    connection here . Can't wait to look this up .
                    Bruce as always thank you for your camera help .
                    I swear there is dirt and dust on everything lol
                    even my phone .
                    T

Comment

Working...
                    X