ID help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ID help

hey guys I was wondering if y'all could help me identify these points. All are from the middle Tennessee area of Maury county. Thanks for your help

Kirk corner notch mackerel and the last IDK but I am not from that area so others my have a better idea
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Are you referring to the big one bud

Comment

Mkinslow did you find these personally? The little bifurcate looks like a rechipped point the perimeter of the point has a fresh look to it. Or perhaps it is lighting. Hard to give a type on that big one it ain't a Dovetail in my opinion. A head scratcher if you ask me.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Yes Hoss I did find all three of them personally. I was wrong about the big one. I have logged it logged in as a southern Lawrence county Tennessee about a mile or so north of the Alabama state line. All the others are logged in as Maury county each in a separate location

Comment

That first big one is very odd in form, honestly I can't think of a known type it would be but maybe that would change if I saw better pictures in natural light of each piece would really help make out flaking patterns... I think the second is probably a Stanly or similar early archaic bifurcated type. I would like to see that patination change on the bifurcate closer and in better lighting cause that's just wild looking too. If its necessary to wait for the sun to come back out tomorrow for better lit pics I guess I can't wait patiently lol.
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I'll see what I can do with pictures guys. I'll be going on 6 12 hour days starting Saturday and I keep my points and things at my dads place cuz of my limited space at my house. But I'll see if he can help me out with some better pictures. Thanks for the help so far

Comment

As for the 3 points, I think I agree with the comments made by Hoss about the two on the left. The one on the right looks more like a Kays than anything else. The big tool looks like it may be an adz or something of that nature. It would be good to see both sides to tell more about the bit end.

Comment

Sorry guys haven't been able to get y'all better pictures yet. Been very busy at work and with family. Life happens. Hopefully soon

Comment

Working...
                  X