Is this a Tool of some sort?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a Tool of some sort?

I have been in a bit of a point hunting conundrum as there has been little to no rain here in massachussets lately! Luckily I was able to find an open stretch of a cornfield and go for a walk recently, and I came up with what I believe is some sort of perforator, or scraper tool? I would love help identifying it! Post up anything that is similar to this that you have found🤠. Looking forward to hearing and seeing what you think about it!
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

Hey PH - I'm no expert but sometimes quartz is really hard to tell if it's been worked. That could be as you say - a perforator. Then again it could just be a chunk of naturally formed quartz. Let's see what others have to say about it. I'm intrigued.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Looks like a scraper.

Comment

appears to be a scraper

Ill try and attach a few pics tomorrow when i get home from work
        Southern Connecticut

Comment

Scraper. The pointy end stuck into a handle of sorts. I have a few in my photos (a little different, but similar) but it won't let me post them without re-uploading.

Comment

Looks like one of the quartz scrapers in the Jamestown Archaearium collection. Very nice find.
            Child of the tides

Comment

• Pointhead
              Pointhead commented
              Editing a comment
              Meant to ask.. jamestown Virginia correct? We had spoken about your hunt for quartz triangle points in the past

Correct
            Child of the tides

Comment

Working...
            X