East TN finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East TN finds

Here are two heartbreakers and some possible game balls i found last year in the Douglas lake area of East tn. I'd like opinions on what they are. The quartz one looks like a possible Dalton, and the flint one looks like a possible beaver lake....what do you think? I also keep finding these white stone like balls of slightly different diameters. Maybe game balls?

Heartbreakers indeed.
    Your "game balls" look like they could be clay marbles to me.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Oh they break my heart too! The guys from your region will likely chime in. I agree with Bruce that those look like clay marbles, a game all but forgotten now a days. I've only found one since I've been hunting here in coastal VA.
      Child of the tides

Comment

Probably Dalton, think I'd look for the tip the rest of my life.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks guys, after looking at that clay marble link,that's probably what they are. I have found several full serrated palmers in this same area, but these two possible transitional paleo points got me fired up. I didn't think there were too many paleo points found around here. I guess I'll wait and see when the locals chime in if they ever found any in this are.

Comment

Hard to say with certainty on those bases from pics, are the bases ground/dulled around the edges? Nice finds regardless. Yes Paleo can be scarce here but it is present.
            Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Cool marbles. Too bad the points are broken
              South Dakota

Comment

Working...
              X