Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification

Is this an arrowhead and what kind? Found at the frio river near Leakey, tx

Welcome Casey. Hard to tell by that picture can you take one of the other side. Just guessing but it looks like a flake or spall with the cortex on it.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Comment

Not sure why, but when I upload, picture flips lol sorry about that

Comment

Sorry... not an arrowhead. Just an arrowhead shaped rock.

Comment

Thanks for the response 👍

Comment

You've got the shape down pat. Now you just need to find the real thing.
              Good luck and happy hunting.
              Bruce
              In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Sorry but no but you are hunting in the very best place to find a nice one. My wife and I are retiring and moving to Hunt, TX right next to the Guadalupe river. It is loaded with quality archaic artifacts. I collected from the Uvalde County area for years as I have never seen better archaic material, both the artifact and the quality of material they are made from. Some of the finest Langtry, Montell and Castrovilles I have ever seen come from that area. Some area so thin I do not see have the artifact withstood any direct precussion. My favorite points are made out of the honey colored highly translucent material found in this region.

Comment

HI CJ and welcome to our forum. It looks like you have already received some excellent advice as to your find. My only advice is to keep on looking. You may me in the right area to find some real artifacts.

Comment

The interest You have is Great! Hope You find one soon and Good Luck.
                    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Agree shape is close but not an artifact. Keep on looking though, you'll find them.
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                      X