Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Idea?

Hi Folks,

Here lately I have been finding some small points for sale here and there. I honestly know nothing about them but have started buying them. I picked up this little beauty this afternoon. It’s as close to perfect as any point I own! The only thing I’m sure about is that it found it’s way here from the West. Here’s a few pictures. Any information you have is much appreciated!

Von

To me it has sort of a neolithic saharan look to it.
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Von
      Von commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that would be interesting? I looked at different types before I posted this thread but had no luck. I’ll check out some Saharan types. Thanks!

Von

I don't recognize it, but when Hoss said what he did, I thought hmmmmm.....could be
    South Dakota

Comment

Imho your coin is older...
      Child of the tides

Comment

• Von
        Von commented
        Editing a comment
        Possibly? The seller had two of them and I bought this one because the other one had some damage. I may go back and get it just to keep them together. The patina looks dark under my black light so I think it’s likely older than the coin but who knows for sure? Cool either way!

Von
        Last edited by Von; 10-07-2017, 08:47 AM.

Market has been flooded with Saharan points in recent decades. It could be as Hoss suggests....
      Rhode Island

Comment

Here's some Saharan points that might compare....

Rhode Island

Comment

Looking more like it all the time
          South Dakota

Comment

Mystery solved!!!

It seems I over paid for it but that happens. I missed out last week because I hesitated. Missing out on that grinding bowl hurts worse than this. I learn something just about every time I visit this site and now I’ll know when I run accross one of these points. Thanks everyone!

Von

Comment

I don't know what you paid, but if it is neolithic it is still old and collectible. The seller should have informed you though. Some are unmistakably neolithic from Africa, and some look a lot like of points found here. Some are dead-ringers for perdiz and willow leaf or nodena points and some of the stemmed points are hard to tell also. I do foresee the neolithic points becoming more valuable in the future. You can already see price increases on the better points.

Comment

• Von
                Von commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for the information!

I’m going to try to contact the seller about the damaged point I didn’t buy and see what he says before making an offer on it. I guess it’s my OCD but I like to keep collections together. I don’t bust up arrowhead collections I buy either.

Von
            Working...
            X