weekend Missouri find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekend Missouri find

I found these over the weekend in west central Missouri. I know that one is a broken drill and that two appear to be small broken knives but am in need of assistance with the larger artifact. Is it a preform or another blade type artifact? Your help is appreciated. Tim

Hey Tim - I think you're right about the drill and knives. That middle one may be a preform but it appears to have an edge sharpened at least on one side. Your last pic shows what appears to be a scalloped edge that usually signifies sharpening. Let's wait and see what others say. Good weekend and nice finds.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

That broken drill is a real heartbreaker💔
      Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Big pink triangle look's like a woodland preform maybe, Nice!
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

I go along with what Chuck and Josh have to say about possible uses and the stage of manufacture. I think there is no way to ID them to a particular type. As to time period. No way to say for sure but I think Josh's guess is pretty close. Mid to late Archaic to Woodland, perhaps.

Comment

Thanks for the help gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
            X