Need some help as usual....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help as usual....

Took a motorcycle ride and got off to take a break by a creek. Five minutes later had the blade. Looked awhile longer nothing. I decided the next day to take my creek shoes and stick, not much but this uniface tool. I was thinking it could be a really old one with the flute.... the blade is 4" and the uniface is 2 5/8" long. Your advice is greatly appreciated!!

Here are a couple at the creek.
    Last edited by MidTennHunter; 10-14-2017, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Cool finds! The unifacial tool would be hard to pinpoint because tools like that were used through all periods in ancient America. The "flute" is more likely just a basal thinning or a nice big percussion flake as opposed to a true flute like what is seen on Paleo knives/projectiles. The bigger blade is also another hard to type item as triangular blades/pre forms are among the most common artifact found and were made through most all periods. Some types to look at would be Cobbs if beveled, Stanfield, Tennessee river... Thanks for sharing!
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

All the advice I can give you is don’t throw them back. Those are keepers...πŸ‘
        😁
        Wandering wherever I can, mostly in Eastern Arkansas, always looking down.

Comment

Agreed , nice ride
          great artifacts

Comment

Appreciate it, wish I could go all the time. I used to fish but not since I started doing this.

Kyflintguy, thanks for the suggestions on type. I don't know if I'll ever get it. I'm going to get some books at the library to help me.

Comment

I am not sure but I think you can buy an overstreet i.d. book on this site. It is a wonderful way too learn. The large piece at first glance that has indented base made me think haw river. Identifying points from pics can be tough and not all are cookie cutter.

Comment

Very good for a five minute look
                South Dakota

Comment

Working...
                X